Poll: Would you end it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you end it?
Yes if: Minor Physical Defect (clef lip)
12 16%
No if: Minor Physical Defect (clef lip)
60 79%
Yes if: Major Physical Defect (paralysis for life)
38 50%
No if: Major Physical Defect (paralysis for life)
33 43%
Yes if: autism
20 26%
No if: autism
49 64%
Yes if: blind
18 24%
No if: blind
51 67%
Yes if: Major mental defect
38 50%
No if: Major Mental defect
35 46%
Voters: 76.
Page 1 of 2
Okay first off, I know this is an icky issue, so if you disagree with the concept, please don't post (or just say no to all). And I know there's an abortion thread, but this isn't exactly about about abortion.

So, given that you can choose to abort, or carry on with the baby if your child happened to fit in any of these categories, what would you do? I'm talking about stuff like: minor physical defect (ie. clef lip), major physical defect (ie. paralysis for life), autism, major mental defects, blind, death...

I thought about this because recently one of my friend's fathered a child born with a clef lip, and people he asked said that they would just end it... but he went through with it. So, I know its an incredibly tough decision.

Edit: this is assuming you're a happily married person and wanted the baby in the first place. If you're not (I'm not myself), just try to imagine yourself in that scenario.
Last edited by Platodium at Sep 6, 2008,
i wouldn't be able to say for sure because i am a teenager and not a parent
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I wouldn't want a shitty baby, but once it's born I don't think you have a choice (legally.)
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Everyone deserves a chance to live..at least that's what I think when it comes to children..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Depends if he wanted it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Everyone deserves a chance to live..at least that's what I think when it comes to children..

That logic is fail. Why do you think the Vikings were so badass? They took gimpy babys and threw them off cliffs.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
i wouldn't. In my mind aborting a kid, no matter whats wrong with them is the same as shooting the kid with a gun as its born. I know people with clef lips who lead great lives, my second cousin for example breeds champion dogs.... yeah.. You just don't know so i couldn't kill any baby because of such a defect.

/antiabortionrant
Paralysis for life usually ends in euthanasia.

Our neighbours' first child was paralysed. He couldn't move or speak and couldn't live without some really intense painkiller which he recieved several times daily. He died 2 years ago. I never saw him, because he didn't live with his parents, but I think he was about 12. Not to sound cruel, but I think it's good taht he died his own death. At least he's not suffering any more. And choosing to euthanise your own child must be a traumatic experience.

Also, our other neighbours have a kid with autism. He's about 10, and although he acts wierd, he's in good health.
Last edited by sashki at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by BrokenBricks
That logic is fail. Why do you think the Vikings were so badass? They took gimpy babys and threw them off cliffs.

It's BABIES..and I'm sorry that I actually have feelings..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by BrokenBricks

I agree
I'd want my kid to be healthy have an awesome life , so i voted no to all
Gear:
1991 Gibson Flying V
Roland Cube 20X
you would have to be a heartless being to not love any child you had even if it was retarded or something like that. if my kid had a disability that would just make me love him/her even more.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by woMANintheBOX19
It's BABIES..and I'm sorry that I actually have feelings..

It's so funny, people that have nothing else to say always have to mention a spelling error. And this thread isn't about your feelings, if you want to talk about that go make another thread. This thread is about delicious baby murder.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Quote by Marson
I agree
I'd want my kid to be healthy have an awesome life , so i voted no to all

That means you'd go through with the baby in all those situations...
Quote by BrokenBricks
It's so funny, people that have nothing else to say always have to mention a spelling error. And this thread isn't about your feelings, if you want to talk about that go make another thread. This thread is about delicious baby murder.

It's called having an opinion..I don't know why I'm arguing with an idiot in the pit in the first place...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
It's called having an opinion..I don't know why I'm arguing with an idiot in the pit in the first place...

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

How does your feelings have to do with your opinion?

Don't ask scary questions if you don't like scary answers. I never attacked your opinions, but you sure seem to be out to get mine.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Quote by woMANintheBOX19

but what if that "chance to live" ruins the child's life? What if the child will have an aweful life?! does it deserve a "chance to have a ****ed up live"?
Quote by geluidsterroris
but what if that "chance to live" ruins the child's life? What if the child will have an aweful life?! does it deserve a "chance to have a ****ed up live"?

Okay fine, if it was THAT bad then maybe they'd be better off dead (it sounds horrible when I say it that way)
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by Vermintide
Yes to all.

The human genepool must be purified...

Two perfectly healthy, photogenic people are just as likely to have a baby with certain/serious defects.

Also, the more of the same people around, the more inbred you would become. Humans are 10% inbred, or so - Pedigree dogs are about 90%.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
Okay fine, if it was THAT bad then maybe they'd be better off dead (it sounds horrible when I say it that way)

Why do you feel bad about something dying? If it's weak it should die. Those are the way of things. If I had a broken kid, and I could get away with it, I would shoot it strait in the face. I don't want some monster carrying on my family name.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Cleft lip is fixable.

EDIT: in some cases.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Quote by BrokenBricks
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

How does your feelings have to do with your opinion?

Don't ask scary questions if you don't like scary answers. I never attacked your opinions, but you sure seem to be out to get mine.

Ok..whatever..I'm not here to argue. You're entitled to your own opinion, I guess it was just the way you expressed it. Throwing babies off of cliffs..that's kinda sad...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by Jackolas
Two perfectly healthy, photogenic people are just as likely to have a baby with certain/serious defects.

Also, the more of the same people around, the more inbred you would become. Humans are 10% inbred, or so - Pedigree dogs are about 90%.

yeah but if you kill all stupid handicapped babies the chance of getting one is getting smaller
Quote by BrokenBricks
Why do you feel bad about something dying? If it's weak it should die. Those are the way of things. If I had a broken kid, and I could get away with it, I would shoot it strait in the face. I don't want some monster carrying on my family name.

You sound completely heartless when you say stuff like that..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
For some reason, this issue should be really personal to me, but its not. The doctors said that I was going to be born with Down Syndrome and have all these other defects. For a while, my dad cried like every night. My parents were reallly considering aborting me. But they held on, and i came out fine. Which is strange because they were really sure there was going to be something wrong with me.
Quote by Jackolas
TS, I'm suprised you included Autism alongside death and paralysis for life

I know, its pretty bad... but there's only so many options I can put up and autism is popular now.
No.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by Jackolas

The inbreeding matters not if we dispose of the runts.

I'm all in favour of human castration. Only the finest should breed. The rest should be sold into slavery on the out-world colonies.
Birth defects and autism are high nowadays because we've hit a technological level where natural selection no longer applies. Back in the day, all the defects that weren't hurled off cliffs were eaten by tigers, wolves, and other awesome shit.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
I voted yes to all of those.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by BrokenBricks

I'm pretty sure that's what Hitler thought. I'm sorry, but you seem like the kind of guy who would commit a genocide.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by geluidsterroris
yeah but if you kill all stupid handicapped babies the chance of getting one is getting smaller

Bluntness aside, the chance would still be there so it would keep getting more extreme.

Quote by BrokenBricks

Well no wonder American's don't have a National Health Service with attitudes like that. By the way you spelt Straight wrong. Yeah, someone did point out the bad spelling again.
if my kid has something messed up with him hes gone, sounds bad but first off think of the lives those gimpy ass children live? life is sacred and shouldn't be spent in a wheel chair or with everyone you meet staring at you and going wtf happened to you. they'll have problems socially, mentally and physically that will be incredibly hard to overcome so why not just stop the problem at the source and abort before there's too much there to end.
Page 1 of 2