making my first 5 string. and scene i dont own one or have ever made a 5 string. i was wondering if some one could hook me up with some measurements for the neck. more specifically i was wondering about the neck width. ya know. need that extra room to hold that B and i have no clue how wide it should be. let me know
Ok take it from some one who knows iv taken music therory and AP music theroy it helps its not that bad even if they do tell you power cords are lame
Last edited by ledzepp2994 at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by ledzepp2994
making my first 5 string. and scene i dont own one or have ever made a 5 string. i was wondering if some one could hook me up with some measurements for the neck. more specifically i was wondering about the neck with. ya know. need that extra room to hold that B and i have no clue how wide it should be. let me know

The 5-string Fender American Standard JBass and PBass nut width is 1.875” or ~47.6 mm. I don't know about the other neck dimensions but I'm sure they're out there. Check out the TalkBass forum.

Well work out which nut you want to use, work out what bridge you want to use, measure the string spacing of each (B to G) draw them on a peice of paper the scale length apart (35" or w.e) and then draw lines from the B to B and the G to G (from the nut of bridge of the outside strings that is) and you will get the taper of the strings, add like 1/4" either side and thats the size of the fretboard.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
that makes scene thanks. how i didn't think of that is beyond me thanks a ton
Ok take it from some one who knows iv taken music therory and AP music theroy it helps its not that bad even if they do tell you power cords are lame