I've never heard of a chord using brackets, where did you get this chord from?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
B-F#-D-C# the latter being the root note?

To the above poster, I think it might be Bm/C#
Are you reelin' in the years?
Quote by oldfartatplay
B-F#-D-C# the latter being the root note?

To the above poster, I think it might be Bm/C#

Maybe, maybe not; I want to know the full story before I go passing out advice like some kind of excitable puppy. For a start the TS specifically says its Bm(C#m), slash chords don't specify a tonality for the bass note because it's only one note...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I got it from a computer program, but it doesn't show the diagrams or notes. I'm trying to learn as much about chords as I can.
Could it be C#m9th inverted so that it's notes are lined up backwards? Like B G# E D# C#?
Well if it is Bm/C# then it will only contain the notes B D F# and a C# in the bass but the only time i can remember having seen chords in brackets is where a Capo has been used to the bracketed chord shows the actual notes being played but the other one shows the shape that should be played if the Capo were treated as the nut. So you'e be playing a Bm shape with a capo on the second fret so it was treated as Bm but you were actually sounding a C#m.

If that makes any sense at all I'll give you a cookie.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by knowjesusnow
What would the notes be with the capo like that though?

Well they'd be the notes of a C#m which is C# E G#

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.