which is the best album by rory gallagher? i listened to him on youtube and would really like to buy one of his albums (not some crappy best of)

so what do u recommend?

thanks
I would say maybe Irish Tour, or Stage Struck. But saying that, I'm more fans of live albums.

If studio, maybe Calling Card or Top Priority.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Personally, I have his self titled album and Duece.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
all albums are the glory even the taste ones.
my faourites are: stage struck, calling card, deuce, live in europe, live in reading and montreux and rory gallagher , on the boards and taste of course.
The only album of Rory Gallagher's that I own is Irish Tour.

I consider it to be a solid recording, but in complete honesty I was disappointed. However, this disappointment arose more-so from the hype of listening to Rory Gallagher than the album itself. He is indeed a talented musician, but many of the people who recommended him to be elevated him to an immortal status.
Irish tour!

Buy it now.

Now!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The only album of Rory Gallagher's that I own is Irish Tour.

I consider it to be a solid recording, but in complete honesty I was disappointed. However, this disappointment arose more-so from the hype of listening to Rory Gallagher than the album itself. He is indeed a talented musician, but many of the people who recommended him to be elevated him to an immortal status.

With respect, that's a totally unfair comment to make without comparing the studio versions of the same songs to those played live on the Irish Tour album - that's where you find out how great he is. His abilty to transform and develop his songs, improvising live, is incomparable. I won't say all his albums are my cup of tea, as they aren't, but I own all of his albums, official and otherwise. Just listening to the studio versions is just not enough. I originally thought 'oh he's ok-ish' when I first listened to the first album I got: 'Blueprint', but he grows on you, so collect everything. Seriously. Essential.

Start with his early albums and work your way through. Include the Taste stuff.

All-out blues-rock.

Peace.
Quote by strawforest007
With respect, that's a totally unfair comment to make without comparing the studio versions of the same songs to those played live on the Irish Tour album - that's where you find out how great he is. His abilty to transform and develop his songs, improvising live, is incomparable.

That is quite fair. I do intend upon purchasing his other albums, because I do enjoy his music, so perhaps when that time comes I will be able to judge him better.