I have money again and I'm looking to make some fun sounds.

so now I'm thinking

MXR Phase 90
MXR Blue Box
MXR Carbon Copy

or

MXR Phase 90
BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay
BOSS BF-3 Flanger

or

MXR Phase 90
Boss DD- 20 Giga Delay

or

Moog Ring Modulator

This will probably be my only chance to get an expensive pedal like the Moog

So I guess the point of this thread is to get opinions on what I should buy and suggestions on other fun, spacey, psychedelic, trippy pedals. I'd like the pedals that work well with both bass and guitar and get some Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Minus The Bear-esque sounds
Last edited by Miss G at Sep 7, 2008,
psychadelic trippy pedals is also what Im in the market for...but lookin at your choices, the second idea seems pretty good, as the MXR is only $100 and getting the Moog leaves you flat broke with no tuner or cables.

but I have NO experience with the pedals mentioned, so I could be totally wrong
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
An idea could be any of the higher end Boss multi effects. Unlike cheaper ones, they are actually really, really good. The ME-20B is $219 whilst the ME-50B is $295. Then you can combine effects and make your own trippiness

And both of them include a bypass / tuner mode, so you get your tuner as well...
I didn't know the Space Echo was designed for Bass, i'd definately get that then because it has a variety of amazing sounds.

^ The Mods make good points too though.
I thought about multi effects, but I'm a bit picky (and slightly OCD) about single pedals lol. I know if I got a mutli effect I'd still GAS for a Moog or Phase 90

I'm not sure how the Space Echo would work with bass but there is one video on youtube of a guy using it with bass and it sounds pretty cool. Not as cool as it does with guitar, but thats the one thing holding me back from it is I'm not sure how it will sound with bass. I know the Moog will sound neat with anything you plug in to it. What ever I get id like to order from theperfectbass.com since they usually have 10% discount codes.

Oh and today I'm going to start building my pedalboard, once I finish I'll make a thread. I'm modeling it off the pedaltrain jr so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I really need to quit looking at the post your pedalboard thread on TB
Last edited by Miss G at Sep 6, 2008,
Moog.

How can you even ask that question?

Bad Miss G! Bad!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.

I know, the idea of owning a Moog gives me chills but I think the Phase 90 and another pedal or the Space Echo would be more useful. These ideas and questions keep me awake all night.

Quote by Miss G

I know, the idea of owning a Moog gives me chills but I think the Phase 90 and another pedal or the Space Echo would be more useful. These ideas and questions keep me awake all night.

Try warm milk before you go to bed. Should help you drop right off!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Moog.

How can you even ask that question?

Bad Miss G! Bad!

This. Moogs > all.
I've been eyeing that ring mod for about a year now... I've never heard a ring mod that was so musical.... and I love ring mods with my heart and soul.
I just can't justify the street price, or even the ebay price, especially when I add an expression pedal, or two, or three, to the mix.
moog.

but if you can, buy it in the store and sweet talk the 14 year old cashier into throwing in a cord and tuner.

women have powers that can and should be used.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I got my pedalboard built, I'm going to finish painting it tomorrow

Last edited by Miss G at Sep 7, 2008,
Personally, yeah, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to own Moog anything. Even if it's a t-shirt. Which I understand can inspire amazing creativity, like all other Moog products.
thanks guys, I should probably get the moog I'm just afraid I'll be disappointed with it.

any other opinions? I updated the first post btw.
Only thing to watch out with the moog is how much space it takes up on your board, especially if you include an expression pedal or two with it. Don't want to run out of space on your pedal board, how would you GAS for new pedals?

Also, I've seen the moog sell for pretty high prices on ebay, so I wouldn't worry about getting your money's worth, you can always make a justifiable amount back selling it.
Well, if you don't end up going with the Moog, I would go for an MXR Phase-90 Script model. This is based more on the vintage phaser circuit and has a more smoothness to the phaser. The standard Phase-90 has almost a wah like tone to it's phase, while the script sounds more genuine.

Also the Carbon Copy may be the best little noise maker I've messed with recently, outside of Moog pedals that is haha.
Quote by Miss G

*choices*

or

Moog Ring Modulator

This will probably be my only chance to get an expensive pedal like the Moog

So I guess the point of this thread is to get opinions on what I should buy and suggestions on other fun, spacey, psychedelic, trippy pedals. I'd like the pedals that work well with both bass and guitar and get some Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, Minus The Bear-esque sounds

get the pedal if you want it and its your only chance

with tuning just go on www.tunemybass.com and tune your g-string and then tune via harmonics

and if you want a cable just go around the house and look for loose cash lying around and your bound to find enough
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all