I have an Ibanez AR250, but its really, really neck heavy. The strap button is currently on the top horn, but I've heard that changing it to the base of the neck on the back (like some SGs) will help correct this problem. Is this true?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I have an SG, and I'm considering moving the strap button up to the horn to fix the balance problem. So I'd say keep it like it is. Have you tried using a different strap?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Moving it to the back of the neck will make it worse!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Don't do it. It's the main reason why SGs are 'top heavy'.

They just placed it on the back so it wouldn't ruin the top horn.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Ok then. Now I need some other suggestions on how to fix the balance problem. Don't say a new strap, because that doesn't actually fix the problem of the guitar being unbalanced.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

maybe moving the strap button on the bottom of the guitar would work?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by USAPeavey
Ok then. Now I need some other suggestions on how to fix the balance problem. Don't say a new strap, because that doesn't actually fix the problem of the guitar being unbalanced.

a thick leather or similar strap helps an unbalanced guitar stay put.
so does adding weight to the control cavity.

the farther away the two pegs are, the more balanced the guitar will be, so consider adding a peg at the other end too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
a thick leather or similar strap helps an unbalanced guitar stay put.
so does adding weight to the control cavity.

the farther away the two pegs are, the more balanced the guitar will be, so consider adding a peg at the other end too.

I'm interesting in possibly adding weight, but I have no idea if there is a particular way of doing this.

Also, what do you mean by putting a peg at the other end? Right now, it has the same peg positions as a double cut LP.
Quote by jackbauer

Quote by guylee

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

you can move or add a peg at either end, which is what i meant.

you can move the peg near the neck or near the ass.

just as long as you are moving the pegs away from each other.

and some guys will add fishing weights to the pup cavity, or hanging off the ass end of the guitar but i wouldnt bother doing that.

instead i bought a strap with a shoulder pad, it doesnt dive anymore.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i think he means move the peg at the bottom of the guitar around until it doesnt dive
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene