What are your views on this guitar?
And, i need a good suggestion for a home use amp, possibly some effects?
heh>< kinda new at this,
Been playing acoustic for about 7 months,
Usin my friends electric is being a pain in the ass so.
Help a bro out?
That's a pretty nice choice even though looking at the current models available I'd suggest you to go for the duncan version that has a fixed bridge, since the floyd rose is quite a pain in the ass if you are a newbie with electrics (unless of course you want a tremolo like that). If you want EMG's though, that are a perfect choice for many high gain stiles, I'd suggest you to check out the MH-400NT that, despite being cheaper, it still has many of the great features of the one you want. As for the amp I'd suggest you to get a small Line6 Spider amp, it's not the best series of that company but you'll get many sounds and effects that will keep you busy for a while.
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Could ya maybe post a link or something? also. around what price are those in?
Sorry if ya dont understand, I'm a little slow at 1 in the morn
For the amps here's the link http://line6.com/products/amplifiers/

As for the price I can only tell you the price those have in Italy and it's about 120 euros
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
what the hell are you doing telling him to get a line 6 with a guitar that'll have EMG's?

he'd be MUCH better off with a valvetronix or a cube and he'd be better off getting duncans unless he went tube straight away, which i would advise if he was serious about playing guitar.
Quote by Joshua_Krunch
What are your views on this guitar?
And, i need a good suggestion for a home use amp, possibly some effects?
heh>< kinda new at this,
Been playing acoustic for about 7 months,
Usin my friends electric is being a pain in the ass so.
Help a bro out?

A few Q's...

1) What is your exact budget?
2) Where are you located in the world? Are you near any guitar stores?
3) What music do you intend on playing?

I take it you are a beginner guitarist, yeah?

A few helpful tips would be:

- Visit the guitar stores near you, get to know the staff and location well. Play as much guitars within your budget in store to get a good knowledge base of the guitars; the feel of the neck (Is it too thick? Too thin? Finished? Unfinished?), the craftmanship of the entire guitar (Any dodgy paint jobs? Pots not working?), and sound of the guitar (Too thin? Too muddy? etc.).

- Research your guitars beforehand! Don't buy blindly! So many players end up getting guitars based purely on their aesthetical value and end up disliking the guitar. Understand the differences between different body wood, pickups, neck woods etc. etc. Good place to start is asking on forums (well done! ) and googling it. A good read on woods can be read here.

- Take lessons or jam with other fellow guitarists! Discuss guitars with other players and learn more and more about different playing styles and guitars. Gives you lots of insight on the whole guitar business!

EDIT:

Actually refering to your questions... (whoops!)

The ESP LTD MH1000 is a Korean made guitar and is of the high end of the LTD models. This model in particular is designed for metal players in mind with the EMG pickups and OFR. I wouldn't recommend this guitar to a beginner since a) the FR will do your head in setting it up and b) if you don't play metal, it isn't the most fab guitar to go with.

Amp wise, for home-use, check out the Vox AD15VT, Roland Cube 30 or a Fender Vibro Champ.
Last edited by Mwoit at Sep 6, 2008,
1) Below 2k SGD
2)singapore! i wouldnt mind shipping, the local stores that i've checked out dont deal in ltds..
3)I mostly play metal and stuff, with the occasional blues and some punk..
Quote by Joshua_Krunch
1) Below 2k SGD
2)singapore! i wouldnt mind shipping, the local stores that i've checked out dont deal in ltds..
3)I mostly play metal and stuff, with the occasional blues and some punk..

In that case, (not knowing how expensive guitars are in Singapore compared to the US or Europe), I would suggest something like:

- LTD EC-400 / LTD EC-1000
- LTD MH-1000 NO TREM
- Ibanez RGA121
- Jackson SLSMG
- Washburn X50PRO

Important thing is something with no trem so you don't have to deal with adjusting the trem and such.
Quote by Joshua_Krunch
Which one of those would be best suited for metal?

For what you're looking for brother, and I know this sounds fan boyish, Ibanez puts out a great deal for what you're looking for. May I suggest maybe a not so amazing guitar and a really good amp?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras