paper egg cartons, styrofoam
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
my humongous penis, or egg cartons
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
a carpet hung a couple inches from the wall is one of the best cheap solutions i know of. ive heard the egg carton thing doesnt work all that well, but i could be wrong.
I thought the egg boxes were to minimize sound reflections from walls to create a room with very little acoustics.
At best all of the things above (other than the penis) will scatter high frequencies a little bit but midrange and bass frequencies will fly right through. Any appreciable soundproofing is gonna cost thousands.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
egg cartons for the ceiling, and heavy comforters, if you hang them around the wall.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
newspaper, mattress, curtains, rugs, styrofoam, and type of packing material, blankets, egg cartons, those "egg carton" cushions. use your imagination.
also, what i did once to quiet an amp that was too loud was simple. instead of trying to sound proof an existing room, i built a sound proof room for my amp. it was just a box with enough room for a mic plus the amp, and it was covered in blankets and filled with insulation.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Cork. Go to a home depot. They sell it in sheets. It's not going to completely sound proof your room but it will help. Like the other guy said sound proofing is expensive.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Double pane windows and insulation works good. Although neither is relatively cheap.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
what about something to help improve sound on recordings? something to make acoustics sound better?
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
roll up thick carpet/curtains/old bed covers apply to door frame and the corners of the room. Use pillows (things containing foam and materials like that etc) and all that jazz.
Quote by unknownpunkrock
what about something to help improve sound on recordings? something to make acoustics sound better?

That is actually where the materials listed in this thread will come in handy. They won't reduce reflections as much as professional acoustic treatment but it should be better than bare walls.
edit: btw, try to go with fire resistant stuff
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Last edited by yeahyeah at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by unknownpunkrock

you can buy audio foam, sit it in front of the amp or around the amp and sit the mic at the end of the foam.
not sure how much it costs tho

to make your recordings sound better you need to minimise the amount of solid surfaces so things like hanging carpets and rugs ppl have suggested will work well
recording in conservatorys etc wont be any good cos the sound waves bouncing off all the glass will sound nasty so you need to use some thing to break up the hard surfaces
if that makes any sense

also try putting your amp on a chair, raise it off the floor
blankets, rugs, egg cartons. you can get free egg cartons at any supermarket. just ask them and theyll give you a whole bunch. you can go from market to market and collect them.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack