Is crap...I am a senior in high school and no one has told me anything. Last Friday I learned that I have to register for the SAT (necessary for what I want to do) by September 9. Then the required test costs money and nobody has told me anything about what I should do...It needs to change...a lot. Any ideas about what to do??
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
its not like the SAT is required for students to take. they figure if someone wants to go on to higher education, they will take some initiative to figure out what they need to do.

get used to people not telling you what to do. it happens quite often when you go on to college/university.
Quote by daytripper75
its not like the SAT is required for students to take. they figure if someone wants to go on to higher education, they will take some initiative to figure out what they need to do.

/thread. close it daytripper.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I am on a College Prep. Course, this course is for people who intend to go to college. The system should inform us of what we should do rather than leave us wandering on our own.
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
You don't have to take it this month.

There's an SAT almost every month.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
There are also several SAT sessions. Go to www.collegeboard.com for all of the information you might need on both the SAT and any college you might be interested in.

I took the SAT twice, once in my Junior year, and again in my senior year. I think it was in March. So you should be ok.
That doesn't remove the fact at all that they should inform you of what you should be doing. So you are not completely lost people aren't as smart as they should be (especially in my town) and they are going to fail because they are unaware of what is necessary. Either way this system sucks, no child left behind is dumb...If they aren't ready to advance then they shouldn't...among other things.
-Socrates-
Quit whining.

Yes, there are some parts of the U.S. Educational System that aren't ideal, but for the most part, you get out what you put in.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
hmm, that sucks. I only had to take the ACT. Shouldn't have to take the SAT unless you're going on to be an engineer or doctor I believe. But yeah, the American Educational System does suck. We're rated #17 in the world. We pretty much suck for being a super power
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by OneTrueCause
That doesn't remove the fact at all that they should inform you of what you should be doing. So you are not completely lost people aren't as smart as they should be (especially in my town) and they are going to fail because they are unaware of what is necessary. Either way this system sucks, no child left behind is dumb...If they aren't ready to advance then they shouldn't...among other things.

why should they inform you? not everyone is going to take the SAT, and its not a requirement to graduate high school. they only reason to take it is if you are planning to continue your education. if you want to do that, you should take the time to figure out what you need to do. like i said, dont assume that everything will always be told to you. life isnt that easy.
Quote by OneTrueCause

Haha, that is great.
I'm not whining, I'm merely stating the fact that things need change in this country. I'm one of the best student in my graduating class so I put in a butt load. They are setting up the majority of people to fail, this isn't even about me.
-Socrates-
Quote by daytripper75
why should they inform you? not everyone is going to take the SAT, and its not a requirement to graduate high school. they only reason to take it is if you are planning to continue your education. if you want to do that, you should take the time to figure out what you need to do. like i said, dont assume that everything will always be told to you. life isnt that easy.

+1

the beauty of the american education system is that there are countless opportunities available to you, especially after you graduate high school and move on to college. the thing is, if you dont take the initiative to use those opportunities you've essentially missed your chance. i think that the sooner people learn this the better, since in the "real" world, if you rely on other people to get things done, you wont get anywhere
Quote by OneTrueCause
I'm not whining, I'm merely stating the fact that things need change in this country. I'm one of the best student in my graduating class so I put in a butt load. They are setting up the majority of people to fail, this isn't even about me.

the point is, if the want and choose to go onto higher education they need to take a different approach to learning. they have to be more active and treating them like a 5 year olds telling them exactly what to do isn't going to help or prepare them for the future.

the information is all there, people just have to want it. the system can't spoonfeed you forever.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.