Im doing a peice of coursework in which I have to write a plan for a fictional business of my choice. The business is a website that promotes unsigned bands or solo artists. I need to know..

how you can get legal relationships with record labels e.g. if I wanted to hold a competition in which the winner got their record sent off to a label, How would I get the ability or the contacts to do this?

How could A site like this make money?

Thanks for anyone that can help, The music industry is tricky and Im having trouble with this work...

Its only for a fiction business for work
I heard about a site that does something interesting like this. how it works is this: the band lists themselves on the site and gets all there friends to visit and pay a small sum (~$5). If the band reaches a certain threshold, the site uses the money to pay for them to record an album and sends a copy to everyone who paid $5. If they don't make the money in a certain time, the site keeps anything they've raised.

Get the threshold right and you can make a hell of a lot of money. Of course, some will say you're cashing in on people's dreams, but you are at least offering people a chance. One thing's for sure, you could make a hell of a lot of money.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by xXModernMythXx
Im doing a peice of coursework in which I have to write a plan for a fictional business of my choice. The business is a website that promotes unsigned bands or solo artists. I need to know..

how you can get legal relationships with record labels e.g. if I wanted to hold a competition in which the winner got their record sent off to a label, How would I get the ability or the contacts to do this?

How could A site like this make money?

Thanks for anyone that can help, The music industry is tricky and Im having trouble with this work...

Its only for a fiction business for work

email me sleepytones@live.com

attn: Jeremy
with your question