Anyone know how to fix one up? My car, which I just bought about a month and 1/2 ago, is a 95 Grand Prix so theres no cd player, just a cassette player. Didnt bother me at all, I just went on Ebay and ordered some cassettes. Problem is that when I got the car and started using it, the sound quality gets absolutely horrible at times. It's an old cassette player, and half of the cassettes I bought were made in the early 80s (Non-remaster Blizzard, Diary and Tribute, and an original 1984 from the year it came out), so I dont expect them to be perfect, but they're not in bad condition. The sound fades in and out, sounds EXTREMELY muddy at times, and goes from a minor ditorted hissing to the point where it covers up the music.

Does anyone know any tricks to help with this? I bought a tape demagnetizer set and it worked a little, but I'm out of it now and Theres got to be another way to clean it. I've heard rubbing some alcohol on the tape's tape helps, does anyone know if it works? I'd like to know a way of fixing it without taking the actual cassette deck player out of its place in the car, but if someone can give me a way to fix it up that requires me to remove it, I'll definitly do it.

I know some of you must still use these, any help would be appreciated.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
i still have a cassette player, but i use the adapter piece that i can use my mp3 or cd player on it...i know that really dont help ya but its an idea
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
1. get CD player
2. dont use the casettes. save em and sell em for LOADS when u get old
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by magvol
1. get CD player
2. dont use the casettes. save em and sell em for LOADS when u get old

I dont have the money for a CD player right now, and I dount the cassettes are going to be worth much even awhile from now. Maybe the old non-remastered Ozzy ones, since they're discontinued and getting harder to find. Thanks for the advice though.

Anyone else know anything about it?
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by which ones pink
If you have an iPod or a portable CD player, get one of these

This is what I did. The sound quality isn't great, but at least you can listen to all the music you have on your mp3 player. It's not too expensive either. It's the best way to go. Instead of buying a ton of casettes.
I've considered that, But I dont have an Mp3 player/ipod. I'm thinking I might just have to buy a new cassette player.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
I've considered that, But I dont have an Mp3 player/ipod. I'm thinking I might just have to buy a new cassette player.

No offense, but you sound really poor.
Cause I dont have an Ipod? Thanks for your totally un-useful insight. Dont even bother writing "No Offense", if you think that I sound poor cause I've got better things to spend money on than a ipod thats got 100000 stolen songs on it, then you're the one with the problem arent you.

I just bought a car, thats not cheap. I still go to school so I cant work full time, and being able to walk 5 minutes somewhere while listening to a song isnt the 1st thing on my mind.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,