After seeing a guitar i like with a very limited range of colours, i was wondering what disadvantages there would be to getting my guitar repainted (not by me, by a professional). i understand it might lose some of its original value, but i do not intend to sell this guitar, so do not factor this into anything you migth want to say.
Anyway, what other problems might I face?
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
The cost will be high if it's complicated. Other than that, there's probably no other disadvantges, unless he paints it with a paint that peels like a banana skin.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
The cost will be high if it's complicated. Other than that, there's probably no other disadvantges, unless he paints it with a paint that peels like a banana skin.

k, thanks for the help. i'll make sure I get a real paintjob, unless I run out of money, then it'll be me and a box of watercolours...
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
has anyone tried repainting a guitar themselves? I've always been interested in repainting a guitar with custom artwork but doing it myself, because of how expensive it would be to have it done professionally. How much work was involved and was the result worth it?
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I would to add some binding on my guitar also
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
I sprayed my Tele, I spray canned it but got a decent job because I prepped, primed, painted, cleared, wet sanded and buffed. The prepping and buffing is lots of labor...

I've also painted cars too. And I know a few people that just get car body shops to spray bodies, usually ends up being like $60.

Or if you have a big enough compressor to run a paint gun, get a gun at Harbor Freight and try and get a good paint job yourself.