Guide me to what forum to post advise for a GOOD/POPULAR solo playing Acoustic song to play AND SING for a HIGHSCHOOL talent show seeing as nobody helped me in the Q&A forum.
Thank you.

EDIT: i forgot to mention auditions are on monday...****in people and giving short notices...
Last edited by guitartaber93 at Sep 6, 2008,
I don't see the harm in posting it here.

a good and pretty easy one is In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel
Quote by -O_O-

ok cool...i just don't want to get banned again cause it blows...
Quote by -O_O-

a good and pretty easy one is In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel

A fun song to play and easy to sing and play, but if you can't hit the soaring notes like Mangum, you're just gonna look stupid.
inb4icumblood
but in all seriousness,
go for wonderwall by oasis.
it never gets old. haha
Current Gear-
Ibanez RG321
Peavey Rage 258
Rogue LX400
Fender Rumble 15
Trying posting it in the search bar, because there's probably about 15,000 (no lie) threads about that subject.

But seriously, 15,000.
Swing Life Away - Rise Against
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quite A few people have said that i should do Iris by Goo Goo Dolls and i like the song, what are your thoughts on that?

EDIT: Another song i can play and sing well is Walk Through Hell by Say Anything buti'm not to sure its popular enough...or She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5...
Last edited by guitartaber93 at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by guitartaber93
Quite A few people have said that i should do Iris by Goo Goo Dolls and i like the song, what are your thoughts on that?

DO IT
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by guitartaber93

Bit too Cliche, as is Wonderwall. Up to you though.
Life by the Drop - SRV is also an amazing song.
uhhhhhh.

i will follow you into the dark - death cab for cutie? i think that used to be kinda popular

umm. that bubbly song. idk why the hell ud wanna sing that

your guardian angel.- red jumpsuit apparatus

srry i dont keep up with the popular music

you could always do an acoustic version of i kissed a girl. or whatever it is

EDIT: ohh u said GOOD/popular

i like slipknot's snuff. that song is amazing. but not popular

what about seize the day- a7x?
Quote by benfortehwin
inb4icumblood
but in all seriousness,
go for wonderwall by oasis.
it never gets old. haha

yea wonderwall, everyone recognizes that song even if they never knew the name (this literally JUST happened to me)
its a good song and its not hard
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
Now that i think of it, any Elliott Smith or Iron and Wine song should do.
play a shwayze song. or under the bridge by the chili peppers
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by DeaThrash
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin

Classics FTW

+2453445 do nothing else matters
Knocking On Heaven's Door? The chords are easy open ones. G D Am; G D C
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by NGD1313
A fun song to play and easy to sing and play, but if you can't hit the soaring notes like Mangum, you're just gonna look stupid.

They're not really as high as you think. The highest note is an E over middle C I think, which is the highest note a bass can usually hit (bass is the lowest male voice class). Ergo, any guy who knows how to sing can sing that song.

But it is a great song to sing nonetheless. I would suggest that also.
Last edited by st.stephen at Sep 6, 2008,
Thorn Tree In The Garden - Derek And The Dominoes

It has two(maybe a third playing a slide, but you don't need it) guitars playing, one fingerpicking the chords, and the other playing the same four harmonics through the song.

It's a beautiful song though, if you play it and sing it right, you could just stop the show....

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWvJHd67KE

I highly suggest this.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by st.stephen
They're not really as high as you think. The highest note is an E over middle C I think, which is the highest note a bass can usually hit (bass is the lowest male voice class). Ergo, any guy who knows how to sing can sing that song.

But it is a great song to sing nonetheless. I would suggest that also.

Baritone?

Anyway, it's just hard to replicate because of Mangum's unique voice and style.
Quote by guitartaber93
thanks for the help but i don't think many of the songs listed help to much...

I doubt you even looked any of them up. Have fun playing iris and looking like the biggest douche in the universe.
Quote by black-sabbath
Swing Life Away - Rise Against

This.

Great with 2 guitars. Me and my friend do it.
Quote by -O_O-
I doubt you even looked any of them up. Have fun playing iris and looking like the biggest douche in the universe.

Go blow a goat you homeless person with no friends...i like alot of the songs listed it's just the reality of learning them in a day and singing them at the same time isn't realistic when i don't want something to easy but to hard.
let it be
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
Hotel California - The Eagles

Certainly not original, but a little flair w/ your picking and you will sound well with just one person. Easy and popular. Also, +1 to Swing Life Away