Which of these is the least hot: Fender '57/'62s, Fat '50s, or Custom Shop '54s? Will be used for Surf.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
The Fat 50's I thought were the lowest output.
But, since you're willing to blow cash on Fender's pickups, look for a custom winder.
I picked up a set of single coils for my strat, customized to my tastes, for 90 bucks. I don't think the guy does them any more.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I thought it was the '54s?

Oh well, they're all low output, so yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
At the surf guitar site, someone told me the 54s were the lowest output.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Anyways, either should work. I have some overwound singles, and they work great for surf. All you need is an amp with good cleans and reverb.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The reason I wanted is because I heard that lower output pickups delay breakup, giving more headroom, which I could use on my BFDR.