well I have some money, about $150, and well i want to get something or upgrade something. And so i have narrowed it down to either getting a chorus pedal (love chorus with a clean tone), and od pedal or new pups because im not really all that fond of the active pups in my Schecter. Suggestions?

btw: i play mostly lead guitar, hard rock/metal, more towards 80's hair metal, and thrash metal, but I like a more modern sounding tone.
I would get some new pups if you don't like actives. What kind, I don't know.
it's really up to you to be honest. new pickups will affect your sound all of the time, so i might slightly veer that way, but at the same time, if you're desperate for a chorus sound...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well i mean, having pedals dont mean squat if you dont like the tone you're getting from your pickups. Id say get new pickups if anything, or get better pups and spare some for the chorus pedal :P
get yourself some seymour duncan hot rodded humbuckers
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

The DiMarzios are nice Pups ... but kind of expensive
DiMarzio PAF for neck and Tone Zone or D-Activator for Bridge works well. Of course its my oppinion.

Cheers
yea, i was looking at some of the DiMarzios, any one else have some suggestions?
you don't have to buy them but call Seymour Duncan's Cust Serv # and talk it thru with them. They are great! You can then transpose that info to other things. CorduroyEW is a UGr that has a good rep for making custom pups.

super distortion/paf pro combo would be great
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I just realized that if i were to change pups, then i would also have to get new pots as well...then rewire all of it.
im not sure what the pot value is...but im pretty sure when you switch from actives to passives and vice-versa you do have to change your wiring.
yeah, you will need a pot change, but no big deal
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
yeah, i think you have to change pots upon going from from active to passive pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Check out some of Lace Engineering's stuff. They've got a new line of pickups called the Alumitones that are pure glory. It's the next pickup I'll buy
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]