An Epiphone G-400, and an Epiphone explorer.

Just curious, I bet they'd be pretty minor if any, the only difference between them is the body material, the SG being made out of Mahogany and the Explorer out of korina, bet that wouldn't amount to much though.

Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts.

THIS IS NOT PURCHASING ADVICE
How about trying both out, rather than ask for vague and subjective descriptions?
Well. One is an SG, and one is an Explorer.
The fact that one is mahogany and the other korina does amount to much, as they give off different tones and levels of sustain.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Well. One is an SG, and one is an Explorer.
The fact that one is mahogany and the other korina does amount to much, as they give off different tones and levels of sustain.

The only explorer model with korina is the one labeled Korina Explorer. The other ones are mahogany.

The Explorer will have a considerably warmer sound. It's big, it's mahogany.

The SG will have a bit more of a bite to it. It's a bit more aggressive and in your face.

I'm basing these of the Gibson models. The Epiphones are a little different. Especially the SG.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The only explorer model with korina is the one labeled Korina Explorer. The other ones are mahogany.

He mentioned Korina wood in the OP, hence why I've assumed we're on about the Korina model

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?