Just saw this article on the BBC website, and had never heard about it before. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7593444.stm

Is it as good as it looks? I know it probably won't be economically viable, especially for video games, but its still quite cool to know its there.

tl:dr, its a way of feeling objects through sound waves, or something like that. And apoligies in advance if this has been posted before, searched and found nothing
However, the approach is limited in how much force it can produce, which in turn limits how hard or stiff the virtual objects can be. Beyond a certain amount of force, the device could scatter enough ultrasound to risk ear damage. There is also a possibility of AIDS.

No thanks i think ill pass.
depending how it works, ultrasound might be too slow.. If it scans along and down X and Y like a TV then the propogation delay of air pressure will add up to suckiness
Quote by dazzlepecs
depending how it works, ultrasound might be too slow.. If it scans along and down X and Y like a TV then the propogation delay of air pressure will add up to suckiness

And according to my calculations your pocket protector is of quantifiable intelligence.
The title of this thread made me laugh. "Ultrasound, as good as it sounds?". It's obviously good. It's ultra.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.