anyone else feel guilty as hell when replacing your "old faithful" guitar?

I just took my ol' Ibanez from out its case... I replaced it 4 months ago with a pretty strat after like 8 years of exclusive use, tossed it aside like a used condom ... I think it hates me lol
Yes, in soviet russia guitars toss you out and hate you!!

I haven't replaced any guitars so i can't say... I don't decide on replacing any either... Just leave it there as my 1st crappy guitar.
You use condoms only once?

And yes, I know the feeling. I had it too with my first guitar, still prefer it for some reason, although it's worse than my newest one :P
i still have my old faithfull gibson sg special, but got a usa strat about 6 months ago, i swear every time i play it the gibson gives me the evils.
fortunatly iv been playing alot of ac/dc lately
jesus im sad
nope
Quote by MV4824
She's a "new girl".. when did she ship to your home? What condition was she in?

Make sure to give the seller good feedback on ebay.. we all know humans are just objects after all.
lol i can't replace my first guitar :O ill prolly play it like half the time when im not playin my new one
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yes, in soviet russia guitars toss you out and hate you!!

I haven't replaced any guitars so i can't say... I don't decide on replacing any either... Just leave it there as my 1st crappy guitar.

dang i was waiting for a new thread just to say that
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
I had a Yamaha Pacifica

then I bought a Strat

I modded the hell out of the strat...

now I'm modding the hell out of my Yamaha to make it the Goddess I always wanted it to be

so my first guitar, my Yamaha Pacifica which I named Melfina, is always going to be my goddess
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I've never had a truly "good" guitar, right now i have a LP copy and before that I started out playing something that a Strat might've thrown up. It was seriously the worst piece of crap ever and I'm now glad I took the time to give it a painful death by stoning
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
My only guitar is a cheap, off brand LP but I'm rather attached to it. I've already planned what I'll do when I have to get rid of it. I'll put it in a boat, set it alight and watch it drift away. Then, when I go to Valhalla my guitar will already be there... loyally waiting for our tearful reunion.
nope, my old guitar was shit
My Gear:
Vox AD15VT
Line 6 Spider ll 112
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Temptest
Quote by oriolesazb
mine is probably that totaly awsomely hard solo in wake me up when september ends, evry time i hear that solo i drool.
I still have the same electric that I started with...but when I switched to acoustic, I felt pretty guilty when I started playing electric again after a year or two. Kinda like leaving your wife for another woman, and then coming crawling back after it hasn't worked out (except it did work out...I love acoustic)
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Guitars don't get pregnant.
You can play your Guitar any time of the month.
Guitars don't have parents.
Guitars don't whine... unless you want them to.
You can share your Guitar with your friends.
Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you've played
Guitars don't care how many other Guitars you have.
Guitars don't care if you look at other Guitars.
Guitars don't care if you buy Guitar magazines.
You'll never hear, "Surprise, you are going to proud father of a new Guitar" unless you go out to buy one yourself.
If your Guitar is flat you can fix it.
Your Guitar doesn't care if you never listen to it.
Your Guitar won't care if you leave up the toilet seat.
You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Guitar.
If you say bad things to your Guitar, you don't have to apologize before you play it again.
You can play your Guitar as long as you want and it won't get sore.
You can stop playing your Guitar as soon as you want and it won't get frustrated.
Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Guitar after you dump it.
Guitars don't get headaches.
Guitars don't insult you if you're a bad player.
Your Guitar never wants a night out with the other Guitars.
Guitars don't care if you're late.
You don't have to take a shower before you play your Guitar.
If your Guitar doesn't look good you can refinish it or get new parts.
You can play your Guitar the first time you meet it, without having to take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
The only protection you have to wear when playing your Guitar is a decent thumb pick.
When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great time you had the last time you played your Guitar.
and last, but not least:

If you decide to part with an old Guitar, you don't have to give up half of everything you own.

Copy and paste ftw.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Prankster1990
You use condoms only once?

No, he used the same one for 8 years.
Quote by DUP3R
I like my women like I like my Pop-tarts : dipped in blood and covered in a gay man's feces.

This sig was too fucking big. Make it smaller next time, chief.
My trusty Ibanez is being used in open D for slide playing at the mo.
She loves me. So no hard feelings that I wail all my other stuff out on my Carvin
well my first electric was like 100 dollar crappy phone so when I got a 1200 dollar dean I gladly replaced it.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by haz_uk
i don't replace guitars, i just keep buying new ones.

+1 I still have my POS Squire II. It was Squire II. Not even a regular Squire.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
my guitar isnt great, but when i replace it with like a vintage '57 strat, (if i have enough money lol) then i wouldnt chuck it. too much sentimental value

EDIT:

Quote by restless_thrash
im gonna keep mine for an alternate tuning when i get another. like, D standard perhaps. I'll always love it.

yea, thats what i'll do
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
i feel you pain.

sometimes i play my old guitar just to make her feel special
Sigs Are For Pussies
Haven't had this problem with a guitar, but I'm currently having it with my mp3 player.
I've got a Creative Zen Microphoto (great player, but time for an upgrade) and I'm going for a Zune 80GB.
I feel horrible.
it's an odd feeling. My old SA220 has a thinner neck than my new S470dxqm, but i think it's very slightly warped (never had a professional look at it, just bought a new guitar). I've been using nothing but my new guitar for months, but i think now i'm going to go back and use my old one a bit. My hands just seem happier around that old familiar neck.
i play a little canadian brand called godin.

i would never dream of buying a new number 1. this is literally the best guitar i have ever played. when i buy a strat it MIGHT contend with it.
I only have my first guitar, but I really want a Gibson LP.

I am afraid that if I do score an LP that I'll feel guilty for tossing aside my Epi SG
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████