Hey,
I just bought an acoustic guitar and well i'm a beginner and I don't really know how to play i'm learning a little by playing just random stuff but I don't know how to read the notes or what the notes are..so if there's anyway i can get help on here it would be appreciated..!!
thanks.
=]
craigslist definitely has some lessons you can take. please dont take online lessons, they dont work and theyre very boring, and they present the possibility of just leaving in the middle of them. take one-on-one guitar lessons and youll be an Eddie Van Halen in no time.
get lessons
its expensive at times,but itll help in the long run

and whatever you do DONT learn off the computer,coz you wont stick to it
whereas,with lessons,you learn better and you wont just be able to turn the lesson off and give up
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Quote by ParamoreMadXD
get lessons
its expensive at times,but itll help in the long run

and whatever you do DONT learn off the computer,coz you wont stick to it
whereas,with lessons,you learn better and you wont just be able to turn the lesson off and give up

I disagree with that, i taught myself and as long as you have the motivation you'll be on. Personally if you interested in getting lesson i'd teach yourself the basic's other wise you wasting money on getting someone to teach you a chord.
Quote by ali_mw
I disagree with that, i taught myself and as long as you have the motivation you'll be on. Personally if you interested in getting lesson i'd teach yourself the basic's other wise you wasting money on getting someone to teach you a chord.

mm you have a point
i had to get lessons but thats probably coz i have no patience and wouldnt be able to learn on the computer
but i quit the lessons and im doing ok so you do have a point.....
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Hey thanks to everyone for the advice!!
I think I'm going ask a teacher at my school she teaches Guitar class but i don't have that class so I'll have to learn after school.
=]
When starting to learn guitar, the best place to start is by learning all the open chords, and some songs that use them. So I'd recommend printing out some chord sheets off the net and learning those.