So i was advised to buy a epiphone dot and put a dirty fingers humbucker in the bridge.
But i dont know anything about modding guitars, so any advice?
or should i let a guitar store do it?
kthxbai.
lol if you dont know what ur doing, its probably better not to attempt a mod when it could cost you alot
Quote by ibanezshred503
lol if you dont know what ur doing, its probably better not to attempt a mod when it could cost you alot

has to be a first time :P but thats exactly why i started this thread
kthxbai.
i think they come with instructions. your gonna need to know how to solder though.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

practise soldering before you attempt to replace the pick up, make sure your competent.
and make sure you don't cut the cables on your new pick up too short.
study the wiring diagram and take a photo or make a note of were all the wires went before you f*ck about that way if it all goes t*ts up you can always get back to how it was origionally
also keep your old pick up if you sell the guitar pop it back in and keep the decent one for your next guitar
It's not hard if you know how to solder well and pay attention to instructions. Did I mention following instructions?
practice soldering. it's really common sense. there's no talent or anything involved. just follow directions and you're done.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'd try in a solid body first-It's hard to get at the pots in a dot/335, as there's no backplate.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
So i was advised to buy a epiphone dot and put a dirty fingers humbucker in the bridge.
But i dont know anything about modding guitars, so any advice?
or should i let a guitar store do it?

It wouldn't surprise me if even a guitar store refused to do it, it's a damned fiddly job. Also, is there any specfic reason you were advised to put a dirty fingers in it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It wouldn't surprise me if even a guitar store refused to do it, it's a damned fiddly job. Also, is there any specfic reason you were advised to put a dirty fingers in it?

Yeah, dirty fingers might feed back a bit. then again, a semihollow isn't as bad as a totally hollow guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by steven seagull

the awesome sound
kthxbai.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
the awesome sound

so no reason at all really?

Get the guitar, if you're not happy with how it sounds then you need to assess your entire rig to see what the issue is. Pickups might be the answer...they probably won't be.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the tom delonge ES-333 semi hollow has a gibson dirty fingers in it

and it sounds great

so i imagine a dot with the same pick up would sound similar
Quote by forsaknazrael
they're not really that awesome, IMO..

no not really...there just reallllllllllly hot, which doesnt necessarily make em good...there are better high output pups...

anyways, changin pups on a dot is hard cause u gotta work through the f-hole...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking