I'm not 100% satisfied with the distortion on my amp (spider III 75w), and thinking of buying a pedal... I haven't gotten a chance 2 check it out at the store but i want opinions and all that junk... + what i might consider getting in place of it..

and yes, i know i'm t3h n0ob..
Last edited by DaddyBarbs at Sep 6, 2008,
You're a newbie. ( I dont mean that as a bad thing its just that i can tell, an 08er)

First read the stickies

Second, Line 6 amps are modelling amps. Moddeling amps do NOT take distortion pedals well. They will cause SS clipping (UGGH BAD SOUNDING). Also, Boss does not make good overdrive/distortion pedals. Really there are much better options out there. That pedal won't make a modeling amp sound good.

Obviously you probably wont want to do this but I reccomend selling the amp and buying something that will get the distortion and good tone you need.

Band or home environment?
Budget?
Quote by Highwaytohell
You're a newbie. ( I dont mean that as a bad thing its just that i can tell, an 08er)

First read the stickies

Second, Line 6 amps are modelling amps. Moddeling amps do NOT take distortion pedals well. They will cause SS clipping (UGGH BAD SOUNDING). Also, Boss does not make good overdrive/distortion pedals. Really there are much better options out there. That pedal won't make a modeling amp sound good.

Obviously you probably wont want to do this but I reccomend selling the amp and buying something that will get the distortion and good tone you need.

Band or home environment?
Budget?

Yeah i know all that junk bout modeling etc how pedals don't sound as good as if they were used on a tube amp, (obviously , i just didn't know how bad it is)... i'll settle for what i have then

p.s. line 6 DOES infact make tube amps
Quote by DaddyBarbs
Yeah i know all that junk bout modeling etc how pedals don't sound as good as if they were used on a tube amp, (obviously , i just didn't know how bad it is)... i'll settle for what i have then

p.s. line 6 DOES infact make tube amps

Incorrect. they are not True tube amps. They replaced the tonestack with a moddeling tonestack. Though they sound better than the moddelling spiders, there are so much better options within the price-range.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Incorrect. they are not True tube amps. They replaced the tonestack with a moddeling tonestack. Though they sound better than the moddelling spiders, there are so much better options within the price-range.

Whatever u get what i mean...

and are you suggesting peavey valve king or what?
Quote by DaddyBarbs
Whatever u get what i mean...

and are you suggesting peavey valve king or what?

A Valve King will do what you want... You have to crank it to get the best out of your overdrive. Are you playing gigs/in a band or are you just playing in your bedroom?

I'm assuming you play metal. Any other types of music?

Also the line 6 valve amps aren't really valve amps. I think their valve/modeller hybrids.