i have heard that he plays the bass part on his guitar. what exact effect does he use? and can anyone tell me any like cool guitar effects to make my guitar sound funny? thanks!
i guess he just simply turns the bass up on his amp and plays the part? I dunno cuz i dont really like the white stripes, I dont mind simplicity in music, but he is a sub-par guitarist(well i know hes actually alright, but his music doesnt show it) and the drummer drums like shes two.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
an Electro Harmonix POG

EDIT: a ring modulator will fuck your mind
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
he uses a Digitech Whammy IV, set to an octave below the original tone.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Pretty much a EHX POG or HOG. Also the Digitech does the same. Hm ive heard something about maybe running a wah backwards can get odd sounding, but then again i could be completely wrong.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
my digitech GNX3 has a guitar to bass setting. it sounds just like a bass but there is a delay in the time you pluck the string to where you actually hear it.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
he uses a digitech whammy, which is quite different from the ehx pog because the pog can only do octaves and is basically what i call a set-it-and-forget effect. the setting you start it off on is the setting you keep it on because your not bending down to change it in mid show. He uses the digitech whammy to put his sound down one octave for the bass parts and up one for the parts that sound as if he is on fret 30 of his high e string (ie: part of seven nation army solo). also with regards to your other question a wah pedal, synth pedal, flange, phaser, and delay have always been my favorites for cool sounds. now i play bass with distortion and heavy flange
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by lazlow325i
he uses a Digitech Whammy IV, set to an octave below the original tone.

This
Quote by imgooley
This

+1
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
EH POG.

Or any other octave pedal will work.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION