I'll keep this simple, Tool, RHCP, Floyd, Zeppelin and loads of classical musicians are my main influences. I have learned the basics of theory and a little bit beyond, basic chord progressions, blues progressions, time signatures, tonicization, seconday dominants, the most standard scales I have encountered, modes, modulation, chord leading, borrowed chords, cadences... well that's all I can think of off the top of my head that's at my general skill level. I'm wondering where I should go next to continue learning, you don't have to describe a concept just name it, there are so many different topics out there to cover I know I haven't even heard of them all. Thanks.
well work on your technique...shredding is calling for you.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Continue to learn new things [perhaps arpeggios?] and more songs. Then use the stuff you know into your songwriting.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Shredding is not my thing, no disrespect to shredding, but I'm more of a comfortably numb kind of guy. My technique is pretty much 100%, I can play everything I need to, now it's just a mind thing.
Quote by farcry
Shredding is not my thing, no disrespect to shredding, but I'm more of a comfortably numb kind of guy. My technique is pretty much 100%, I can play everything I need to, now it's just a mind thing.

then i don't know since i just know basic theory.

my suggestion, form the next pink floyd.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by magnum1117
then i don't know since i just know basic theory.

my suggestion, form the next pink floyd.

working on it, tough to when you live in a tiny prairie town.
Quote by farcry

What do you mean your technique is 100%? If it is, learn a ridiculous song like Mabel's Fatal Fable by Jason Becker this might change your mind if you like classical music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1oukoPmAM

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
^he said he didn't like shred.

just learn about counterpoint.