So I had a cable and it died. No big deal, because it was rather cheap and I had had it for a year and a half, right? So I go and buy two new ones (Planet Waves and Fender 10 footers) with the expectaion that I could go AT LEAST a few more years with them. Now, a month and a half later, they die within an hour of each other. I take out another cheapo I had lying about and after about 45 minutes it dies too. I guess the only constant variable is me. Any ideas on what the problem is?
If you suffer the same problem as me, they die because you run over them with an office chair several times a day. I've only turned two into crackly rubbish so far (one was crap to start with, the other cost the best part of $40), but at this rate I'm going to be spending four times as much on cables as I am on strings...

I could, of course, stop running over them with my wheely chair, but that would require more forethought and planning than I'm generally capable of, especially given that I consider the ability to get a bit of practice in at my desk bloody useful (I work from home...).
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Have even TRIED to fix your cables? I've been playing just a little over a year now, and i've already fixed 3 of my 3 cables that i've had that've died. Plus a few friends' cables, too.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Have even TRIED to fix your cables? I've been playing just a little over a year now, and i've already fixed 3 of my 3 cables that i've had that've died. Plus a few friends' cables, too.

How would one go about doing that? (please excuse my amazing noobiness)
Quote by Darksucker
How would one go about doing that? (please excuse my amazing noobiness)

I was thinking much the same thing, especially seeing as mine are crushed on the wire, rather than messed up at the jack.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Quote by CarpUK
I was thinking much the same thing, especially seeing as mine are crushed on the wire, rather than messed up at the jack.

you could cut them and have shorter cables.

it's an option if you have longer leads but for 10 footers, they're only really usable as patch cables after a repair (assuming the break is somewhere in the middle).

but the TS's cables might be broken at the jack so he could just resolder the connections.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
^ yeah... it depends... but it's normally fixable, no matter where the break is.

for a break in the cable: Do as suggested, and just cut it and make a shorter cable(s).

and for the wiring coming loose at the plug/the plug breaking: just either buy a new plug, or if it's not broken, just unsolder it, cut the cable about an inch, then re-do it.

Hope i helped.
O O

___