I was watching footage from Rothbury on television today, and for some reason they had the nerve to play three Dave Matthews Band songs and only one Primus song. What the ****?

Dave Matthews Band is so terrible. Their songs are so fake and manufactured to inspire a certain feeling. If they want a song to sound "inspiring" they just follow a formula and pump one out. They don't jam at all, either. I don't know what the hell they were doing at Rothbury.

Dave Matthews is so in love with himself, you can see it in how he bounces up and down with his inaudible acoustic guitar and sings about how much he loves his dream girl and making love to her etc. etc.

If one word could sum up this band it would be...Pretentious.

Don't believe me? Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4bFX1ZEKyA

What do you guys think of them?
watched that vid. didnt like it either.
but get over not every one likes the same bands as you
Quote by Shackman10
I was watching footage from Rothbury on television today, and for some reason they had the nerve to play three Dave Matthews Band songs and only one Primus song. What the ****?

Dave Matthews Band is so terrible. Their songs are so fake and manufactured to inspire a certain feeling. If they want a song to sound "inspiring" they just follow a formula and pump one out. They don't jam at all, either. I don't know what the hell they were doing at Rothbury.

Dave Matthews is so in love with himself, you can see it in how he bounces up and down with his inaudible acoustic guitar and sings about how much he loves his dream girl and making love to her etc. etc.

If one word could sum up this band it would be...Pretentious.

Don't believe me? Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4bFX1ZEKyA

What do you guys think of them?

fuk obama
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
i like them, not my faveorite but there alright.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
ehh, they are decent i guess. not my fav either. but everyone else in Connecticut loves 'em. go figure
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Dude shut and and watch them live. A group of extremely talented musicians that started out playing little bars in Virginia and caught on because their music is genuinely good and real. The tightness of their live jamming is ridiculous, and the combination of the instruments makes some awesome textures. Not my favorite band, but one of my favorite live bands
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Not as good as Primus, that's all I know.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Johnonon
Dude shut and and watch them live. A group of extremely talented musicians that started out playing little bars in Virginia and caught on because their music is genuinely good and real. The tightness of their live jamming is ridiculous, and the combination of the instruments makes some awesome textures. Not my favorite band, but one of my favorite live bands

Hey dumbass, I was watching them live when I first actually heard them.

I think I heard that one like something billie, everyday, and so damn lucky.

Do you know what jamming is? Jamming isn't a violin or sax solo. DMB doesn't jam at all they just play the same thing OVER AND OVER again live. Seriously in "so damn lucky" they played the one chord progression at the end for like five minutes straight.

And I'm not asking anyone to like what bands I like...I'm not asking anything but your opinion of them.

Come to think of it, I'd actually just be inclined to ask you to NOT like DMB.
Your whole statement made me facepalm myself

Listen man, television does no justice, and you cant judge a band solely by their mainstream work. And i dont know who force fed you the notion that instruments that arent orthodox with "rock" or whatever cookie cutter crap you listen to, but the sax and violin are real instruments too

And one more thing, building a jam around a certain phrase is fine, listen to REAL music, like "sister ray" by the velvet underground, 17 minutes of a three chord progression played with stream-of-conscience lyrics
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild