I know companies like ceriatone does this if you ask for it when buying their amps, so im wondering can any tech install an effects loop on an amp, even if it is expensive?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Yes, its not too difficult, its simply a matter of placing an in and out between the preamp and power stage.

However, they'll need to drill holes in the chassis, but its perfectly do-able.
That's good to know. About how much would it cost?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Its hard to say... It depends on the tech, amp and how long it takes. Most Tech's charge by the hour for custom work. Going rate is usually $50-$60 an hour. Make some calls and see what they say.
Quote by al112987
Yes, its not too difficult, its simply a matter of placing an in and out between the preamp and power stage.

However, they'll need to drill holes in the chassis, but its perfectly do-able.

is it really that easy? just a matter or connecting 2 1/4inch jacks before the power amp?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by al112987

It's not quite that easy.
Usually the biggest issue is that there's not a lot of room. A good buffered effects loop will use a tube, which of course requires a chassis punch to accommodate another preamp tube socket. Finding space inside the chassis is also an issue sometimes.
In any event, my charge for a straightforward tube-buffered effects loop on something like a Plexi is about $110. The parts cost about $20, and labor is usually an hour or two at $50 per hour.
Woodsballplayer, if you want a schematic for a proper tube-driven effects loop I can get one for you.