Hey, ive been playing metal/rock since i started playing guitar but i want to try and branch out to different genres now, such as a soft, indie rock, blues and a bit of country.
I figured id probably need a guitar without EMG's, so that rules all mine out.

Im after a tele style guitar, with a bridge humbucker and a single coil neck pickup
Since i dont have all that much money, and i live in Australia (prices are higher than US/UK) it doesnt have to be Fender, but i would prefer it.

Also, if anyone has any experience with stacked humbuckers that would be great.

Cheers.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
I have a Tele with EMG single coils. It sounds awesome. But if you want it to sound anything remotely like a Tele I advise against it.

PS: I play indie/alternative stuff. I like lots of crunchy distortion though..
Last edited by eurotrashed at Sep 6, 2008,
G&L Teles are my favorite, but you can't go wrong with an American Deluxe.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
ah, knew i forgot something

preferably only to $700AUD, which is like 620us, but i can stretch it to 700-750 us if the guitar is that good, and im running through a H&K trilogy and a JSX

oh and i can change pickups and get them at a reasonable price so thats not out either
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Punkstar_13
and im running through a H&K trilogy

I would just like to let you know that I fucking hate you. A pox on you and whatever dark gods you worship.

But for that price, I'd stick with Fenders.
Quote by Flying Couch
I would just like to let you know that I fucking hate you. A pox on you and whatever dark gods you worship.

haha, thanks, il take that as a compliment

Yeah i got it for heaps cheap as well, 1200AUD, so figured why not.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer