Calling it an anniversary might be wrong, but today it was 30 years ago since we lost one of music's all time greatest drummers: Keith Moon of The Who.

R.I.P.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
R.I.P
Keith you will always be remembered
"Run like the wind
As excitement shivers up and down my spine"
Why would it be wrong to call it an anniversary? "The date in which an event took place in a previous year". It's fine.

Keith Moon was an awesome drummer.
^Well because generally anniversary (at least how I, though nto native speaker) interpret it is in a positive way. Like a celebration. And Keith Moon's death wasn't positive. However, I'm a bit tired and calling it an anniversary makes more sense now really...

I read that when he auditioned for the abnd, he destroyed the drum set.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Never been a big fna of the Who, but it is a shame to have lost such a talent. Rest in Peace.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Maybe Keith would be still alive if he hadn't of said Led Zeppelin would ''go down like a lead zeppelin''

karma.....
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
Quote by T.Rextacy
Maybe Keith would be still alive if he hadn't of said Led Zeppelin would ''go down like a lead zeppelin''

karma.....

Somehow I don't think that's what killed him.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by T.Rextacy

karma.....

The thing is that he didn't say it about Led Zeppelin. Originally the band was to consist of John Entwhistle, Keith Moon, Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck. Donovan, Steve Winwood and Steve Marriott was all considered for the vocalist spot. But it never happened and Keith Moon said it wouldn't have worked, they would have gone down like a "lead filled zeppelin".
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

RIP Mr Rock n Roll.
Wish I'd have known yesterday, would have drove a car into a swimming pool in his memory.