can anyone tell me how to rewire a 2x12 cab so thats it 4ohms in total or at least what i have to change to achieve 4ohms.

cheers
You'll need to change the speakers...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i thought it was a case of changing capacitors and different wiring, cause if you wire two 8ohms in Parallel they become 4ohms the problem is i have no idea what i have to wire to make it parrallel or series.
Hmm you seem to know more than me. What I said shows the extent of my knowledge, so I'll sit back, read and learn Haha.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
http://www.usspeaker.com/speaker%20wiring-1.htm

that's a good page for explaining.

series is added up and parallel splits it.

i dont have a picture tho sorry.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
There are no capacitors in your cab. There are speakers and wire and a jack or two.
You'll need to know the impedance of the speakers to know if you can convert it to 2 ohm. Most cabs are wired in parallel, so you probably have two 16s wired for 8 ohms, in which case you won't be able to rewire for 4 ohms.
What cab is it? What's the impedance right now?
Quote by Blanco
i thought it was a case of changing capacitors and different wiring, cause if you wire two 8ohms in Parallel they become 4ohms the problem is i have no idea what i have to wire to make it parrallel or series.

Is this just a guitar amp cabinet? There are no capcitors in these unless it has some sort of bandpass. There is no way to get a 8 ohm 2x12 into 4 ohms. You either have two 16 ohm speakers or two 4 ohm speakers. So you're choices with these would be 2 ohms, 8 ohms, or 32 ohms. You need two 8 ohm speakers or two 2 ohm speakers to get 4 ohms.