ive played guitar for years, but recently started playing bass with some friends in their band.

i got a second hand soundgear by ibanez SR300DX. im cant figure out what the knobs control. i notice different tones and everything but not sure what they are controlling. if you are familiar with this bass i would appreciate some help.
Could have went to a bass site and find out. But probably two tone knobs and one volume, the usual on a guitar of any kind.
SRX have 4 knobs I think.
one could be volume, then either blending or another volume, and then a 2 band EQ (bass, treble)
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
The stacked knobs at the back are a 2 band EQ. Top one is treble, bottom one is bass. The middle pot is likely to be a blend between the two pickups. It should be "dented" halfway though the sweep. The on closest to the neck is likely to be a volume knob. Self explanatory.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm pretty sure they've done a 4 knob version and a stack tone version.

Either way the controls are volume, blend, bass and treble. It should be easy enough to figure out which is which.
Quote by smb
I'm pretty sure they've done a 4 knob version and a stack tone version.

Either way the controls are volume, blend, bass and treble. It should be easy enough to figure out which is which.

you are probably right, however none of them seem to be the master volume. 1 acts as a master volume, but only when another knob is turned down a ways. i think you all must be right as far as the small one being a blend knob for the pups

it is a 4 knob setup
i am not sure
but i think the sr300 has 3 knobs
master volume
pup bend
and tone control
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Ibanez has most if not all of their manuals on line for all of the basses for the past 20 years.
Quote by dubstar123
got it sorted out

2 pup volumes

1 tone

1 small knob is phat eq boost

Sounds about right, if "tone"=treble control (which is called the tone knob on a passive basses anyway) and "phat eq boost"=bass

anyway, welcome to bass
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.