Well, my parents plan on getting me (and my 9 year old sister) a new computer during the after thanksgiving sale.
my sister will just use it for online games and such, but i want to use it to start doing some recordings and all.
what are some good specs for it, to get good recordings? (like RAM and all that crap, i know nothing about computers)
also, what other stuff do i need to get a good quality recordings? (like mics, and software and all)
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Get a good soundcard with inputs, get Reason/Cubase/Drumkit from hell/guitar rig/fruityloops (not all, mix and match) and have at it.
Quote by doctorcheeze200
Well, my parents plan on getting me (and my 9 year old sister) a new computer during the after thanksgiving sale.
my sister will just use it for online games and such, but i want to use it to start doing some recordings and all.
what are some good specs for it, to get good recordings? (like RAM and all that crap, i know nothing about computers)
also, what other stuff do i need to get a good quality recordings? (like mics, and software and all)

What is your budget and what are you recording? If it's your guitar amp, you may just need a basic interface (M Audio Fasttrack) and a good microphone (Shure SM57, e609). The computer itself can be a mid-level one with at least 2GB of RAM and ideally Windows XP (Vista support in audio programs is iffy). There are free software like KRISTAL and Audacity...I'd start there and move up to Mixcraft/Reaper when you get interested in plugins.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Sep 7, 2008,
well my parents are buying it, so im not sure on the budget.
and i'll just be recording my guitar amp mostly, maybe vocals/bass every once in a while.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ