I didn't see a dedicated software section, so I figured I'd just throw it up here.

I recently obtained Guitar Pro 5, and I don't have any documentation, so I'm trying to figure out how to work with the millions of friggin things that are included. Right now, all I need to know is how to change tempo in the middle of the song, you know, starting slow then speeding up. Can't figure it out for the life of me. Any input welcome, as long as it is constructive. Thanks fellas
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Push F10 ...... check the "tempo" box.........then change the number.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Ive been using this program for almost 2 years now.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
No help what so ever. I don't really know what I'm looking for, you know what I mean? I know what I want to do, but I ain't sure what the option would be called. I try changing the BPM but it does it for the whole song. If anybody could just hold my hand and walk me through this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Or right click on the note you want to start the tempo change on and go to mix table.

You have to right click again where you want the tempo change to end and change it back to whatever you had it at before.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
click the mix table on the bottom. it's like red and green with a little grey bar. it changes the bpm for that note and onward. you can just make the notes shorter or longer if you're doubling speed or soemthing
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apec_solo_king
No help what so ever. I don't really know what I'm looking for, you know what I mean? I know what I want to do, but I ain't sure what the option would be called. I try changing the BPM but it does it for the whole song. If anybody could just hold my hand and walk me through this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

ok, there's a metronome there just search it in the play bar
and if you press f9 you can see a window that shows you a loop feature that increases the speed at X BPM after each loop

EDIT:
ups sorry didn't read the second post, or didn't understand the post
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Ah, I posted the 'no help what so ever' and it went through before I saw the rest. Lemme see what the mix table does...

EDIT:
The mix table is what I needed, thanks guys. I'm sure I'll be back as this piece comes to life.
Last edited by apec_solo_king at Sep 6, 2008,