So I remember reading a topic here a long time ago where people were talking about this method of composition. Instead of playing music and writing it down, you use a counting system or something like that. Each note had certain numbers given to it. Anyone know what that was?
No, not that. My memory of the topic is pretty cloudy, but from what I remember it was something like this:

You do some sort of equation or something and you come out with a number. Let's say the number is 63. You think figure out what note 63 is, and that is the next note in the song.

It's something like that, anyway..
The only thing I can think of that could even possibly be anything like what you're saying is taking a melody and calling it, lets say, 1 3 4 2. In C maj being C E F D. Then moving it through the respective modes of that scale and playing 1 3 4 2 1 3 4 2 1 3 4 2...ending up being (in C maj again) C E F D B D E C A C D B...
Doubt that's right, but it is something I guess.

On a completely unrelated topic, do you or any of your friends sing? My band is looking for a singer, practice in springboro.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange

Doubt that's right, but it is something I guess.

On a completely unrelated topic, do you or any of your friends sing? My band is looking for a singer, practice in springboro.

It isn't, but thanks for trying.

And no, unfortunately I can't and I don't think any of my friends can either. I live really close to springboro, though.

@Aenimus, that might be it. Thanks
Quote by Spamwise
It isn't, but thanks for trying.

And no, unfortunately I can't and I don't think any of my friends can either. I live really close to springboro, though.

@Aenimus, that might be it. Thanks

Yeah waynesville is right there. If you find any singers pass the word on to them, I can get you some demos pretty soon.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by alienboy18241
Yeah waynesville is right there. If you find any singers pass the word on to them, I can get you some demos pretty soon.

Well my band is looking for a vocalist too, so yeah.
Quote by Spamwise
Well my band is looking for a vocalist too, so yeah.

Well damn, that seems to complicate things a bit.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C