Lets say you managed to get a burn on your arm at 10,000 degrees, and lived, and on your other arm, got a burn but the heat was 5x hotter. Would you be able to feel the difference? Does our pain threshold plateau at one point?
nerves die at a certain point so no you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by restless_thrash
no, im pretty sure you'd die.

Lets keep this hypothetical, shall we?
It would feel exactly the same as the nerve endings would get destroyed at the same temperature which would be a hell of a lot less than 10,000 degrees anyway
I'm pretty sure you wouldnt live with a 10,000 degree burn, and definitely not with a 50,000 degree burn.
Quote by restless_thrash
no, im pretty sure you'd die.

Someone doesn't read.

I would assume that at that sort of heat there'd be no difference, your nerves wouldn't even exist.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
nerves die at a certain point so no you wouldn't really be able to tell the difference.
Yeah, this.

At either temperature, whatever part of you was heated would be destroyed.
shit, if I had a burn remotely close to half of that, I'd rather die.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
wouldnt you have no arms then?
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
Wait.... you wouldn't die from a burn on your arm, would you? Not if it was just like, a 10,000 degree poker on your arm.

Now if a sizeable portion of your body got burned at 10,000 degrees, I could see some death happening.... but just your arm? You'd lose the arm for sure, but I don't see how you'd automatically die from it.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Even if they weren't destroyed you still couldn't tell the difference.
Nerves can't tell the difference between strengths of stimuli, they just fire once it reaches a certain point. We notice a difference only because of the different amount of nerve impulses, ie more nerves are stimulated from a stronger stimulus.
I'd imagine 10,000 degrees would be enough to stimulate every heat sensing nerve in your arms so 5x hotter would make no difference.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
well, your body is made up of mostly water, so after a certain point your skin would most likely melt or boil.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
Quote by Thornography
Lets keep this hypothetical, shall we?

in that case, i think my arms would absorb the heat and id explode in a giant fireball which would be visible from space. then i'd say flame on and fly the hell away.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Anyway, I am sure that your nerves would more or less evaporate at that temperature. People with 3rd degree burns often remark on how little it hurts. That is because their nerves are gone.
Besides reaching that temperature at a practical situation, being almost impossible, the whole body will likely evaporated in less than a second. So, no, i don't think it would feel anything.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Even if they weren't destroyed you still couldn't tell the difference.
Nerves can't tell the difference between strengths of stimuli, they just fire once it reaches a certain point. We notice a difference only because of the different amount of nerve impulses, ie more nerves are stimulated from a stronger stimulus.
I'd imagine 10,000 degrees would be enough to stimulate every heat sensing nerve in your arms so 5x hotter would make no difference.

17th reply finally gets the ****ing point.
You're one unlucky bastard.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
Quote by Shred4fun
We should test this. On you.

I heartily agree.
Yamaha 503TVL
Yamaha Pacifica
Squier Tele Custom II
Crafter bass
Cube 60