Hey UG Community i know everybody hates these threads but i really need help.

Budget: $1755

Amp Specs:

I play metal and rock > Example: Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Maiden, Sabbath, Staind, VH, VR, Who, Some slipnot, Four year strong, and alot much stuff along those lines.

I want a Pearl Jam distorted like the one on " ONCE"

I want sweet child o mine lead sound.

Decent clean

Amps i tired and disliked: JSX, Marshall MF350 , MG, Avt, I didnt really like the valveking either, flextone III Xl.

Amps i tried and liked: Krank Krankinstien ( way to $) but i liked it because when pushed the distorted sounds come through to me very clean and clear and i could pick out everynote and when chugging yoou could really feel that bottom end in your chest. I want an amp that does that but for a cheaper price.

I would like tubes and i would like a halfstack.

I want to get Schecter with FR so depending on the amp cost i will pick that accordingly.

Thank You UG sorry you had to read so much, this really does help me out.
Quote by Rushfan2121
Hey UG Community i know everybody hates these threads but i really need help.

Budget: $1755

Amp Specs:

I play metal and rock > Example: Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Maiden, Sabbath, Staind, VH, VR, Who, Some slipnot, Four year strong, and alot much stuff along those lines.

I want a Pearl Jam distorted like the one on " ONCE"

I want sweet child o mine lead sound.

Decent clean

Amps i tired and disliked: JSX, Marshall MF350 , MG, Avt, I didnt really like the valveking either, flextone III Xl.

Amps i tried and liked: Krank Krankinstien ( way to $) but i liked it because when pushed the distorted sounds come through to me very clean and clear and i could pick out everynote and when chugging yoou could really feel that bottom end in your chest. I want an amp that does that but for a cheaper price.

I would like tubes and i would like a halfstack.

I want to get Schecter with FR so depending on the amp cost i will pick that accordingly.

Thank You UG sorry you had to read so much, this really does help me out.

those two do not go hand in hand very well. if you go used, then yes, you can get a cheaper halfstack that sounds like what you want.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
where would the vox valvetronix and marshall cab with v30s get me, do they really sound like tubes.
if you have a $1000+ budget, the valvetronix shouldn't be mentioned

and they sound okay, but they definitely don't feel like tube amps.

i can't think of any amps right now, but just look around for actual tube amps that aren't super cheap (valveking, hot rod, etc).
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Rushfan2121
anyone?

why a halfstack again?

imo you need a combo

for all of those bands listed?
and $1,500+

Splawn!

seriously, what is your budget? A Splawn Competition combo or Nitro half stack would prolly kill all of that.

JCM800?
5150 III?
Mesa F50 combo?
XXX or JSX....oh wait, you didn't like it

EDIT: Ok, maybe not The Who but damn close!

PS..i've not played any of these so don't listen to me
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 7, 2008,