my question is on the crate v33h head, will i be able to use my epiphone valve jr. cab on it or is the ohm output different. also i have a bad monkey, super overdrive, and eq pedal. other question is with this pushing the tubes do you think i can drive it into metal territory. if i can't use my valve jr cab then i'm not buying it. i'll either save little more for 50 watt combo or save even more and order a bugera 6260.
I was looking at that just now, they are so cheap now. I hear they are really muddy though. I'm going to go try one tomorrow.

How do you like the Valve Jr? I was thinking about getting one and then put a Ibanez Tube King in the mix. Think I could get a good distortion out of that?

I tried out the Blackheart 3/5watt head, that gets a nice SRV tone with a strat or a nice classic rock sound with humbuckers, but the clips on youtube compairing the two, the Epihphone sounded so much better.

Sorry for taking your thread off topic, I am just really curious about the Valve Jr
valve jr is great it is just not enough wattage to gig with. i'm not in a band yet but would like to one day be able to have a amp that can be gig worthy.
Ah, ok. I am in sorta the same situation as you. I want a nice tube sound but I want a nice sound now, and the ability to expand upon it and use it for gigs. I hear people actually drive 4x12" cabinets with it, I just want to know how loud it really gets
that does sound rather nice. I was just reading reviews and everyone said the distortion was complete garbage. I'll have to go try it out tomorrow, its sitting right next to the Blackheart at the store for an easy comparison.
Wait, that is a V30. Is there much difference between that and the V33? I haven't really paid attention to the Crate line
Quote by eurotrashed
Wait, that is a V30. Is there much difference between that and the V33? I haven't really paid attention to the Crate line

its the older model no difference in its construction not sure about the tubes tho
Quote by Dimja
its the older model no difference in its construction not sure about the tubes tho

Hey there y'all.

Just joined this forum simply to chime in on this conversation about the V33. I don't want to come in sounding like a know-it-all, so please excuse me in advance.

However, I am a V-Series Junkie. I own the first generation V30 and V32 Palomino as well as the V8.

I also have from the new series a V18-112, V33-112 and the V33H Head and 212 Cab.

There is MUCH difference between the construction of the V30 and V33. They are two completely different amps that are voiced completely different. There is a new "silent" switching on the V33 which is nice, but is not serving it's users very well. Reason being is that the two channels (clean/drive) are coming off voiced so differently that the wonderfully quiet switching is kinda obsolete.

Now, I exclusively use the clean channel on my V33's because I'm a country player and get my drive, etc from my pedal setup. But I do know there has been alot of flack given to the 33w models of this line for these EQ issues.

Now... I do hear that simply re-tubing can bring a world of difference to the drive channel. And being that you're looking at a 33w Head and 212 cab for the grand total of about $299 right now online, well... a tube upgrade would be no big deal economically.

I can tell you this... if you're looking for a great all tube combo or head/cab setup, then the Crate V's are simply the best bang for the buck out there. I do believe the EQ issues have slowed the sale of these and resulted in the crazy low prices right now. I say jump on it! I have... several times! HA!

I will say in closing that I believe the new generation of V Series will probably not be the ones that define the product. The first generation... the one that "Dimja" owns... will be the "classics" of the series... but the new ones have ALOT to offer. My V33-212 is my workhorse now. Have used her in nearly 100 shows this year and have not had a single problem.

Thanks so much and best of luck to y'all!

J