Page 1 of 3
dude. i just watched it. wow....that was some movie. now, i am slightly confused. was the kid (andy) a carrier like his mother? and does anyone know of any sequel details if any?
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Yes, both kids were carriers.

Yes, there is a sequel. It is going to be set in Russia, I believe. It's called 28 months later, go figure. The ragers have now reached the European mainland and they spread throughout Europe, and into Asia.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by vmanoman
dude. i just watched it. wow....that was some movie. now, i am slightly confused. was the kid (andy) a carrier like his mother? and does anyone know of any sequel details if any?

yeah he was immune to the effects of the virus but carried it. his sister wasn't a carrier though. they tried to show that by only the boy having the same gene as his mother (same eye thing).

i thought this was an entertaining film but had nothing on 28 days later. this one seemed more like an action-zombie film.

oh and i absolutely hated the kids in this. all their fault. so i couldn't help but want them to die.
A) Yes, Andy was a carrier. He is immune to it (like his mother), but he still caried the virus in his bloodstream.

B) Yes, 28 Months Later, as people have said.

C) Yes, it was a GREAT movie!

D) I can't wait for 28 Months Later!

EDIT:

E)
Quote by Shackman10
The girl in that was so fine

This.
Yeah, the kids in this movie were both carriers i think? Atleast andy was.

My favourite part of the movie was the scene with the helicopter pwning up all the zombies :

I havnt seen the first one, it would make ALOT more sense if i had seen it.
How could there NOT be another after the ending of 28 Weeks Later?

Not only are those awesome horror movies, they've got some sweet soundtracks. Did anyone else think that the music in the opening scene was really cool? It was in both of the movies, the opening scene of the second and the scene with the soldiers running around in the dark house at the end of the first.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Trippy Movie.

28 Months later shall be good too imo
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
The girl was rather fine, but I found this nullified by the fact she was a complete plank and effectively got everyone killed.

The first 5-10 minutes of this film is amazing. When the In a Heartbeat(?) song kicks in with Robert Carlyle running, and you see the zombies coming over the hill. Awesome.
IMO, 28 Days Later was better. The low budget made it 10x better. And 28 weeks Later felt too refined. The best scene was the night vision in the subway. Reminded me of Cloverfield.

Quote by sleep sickness
The first 5-10 minutes of this film is amazing. When the In a Heartbeat(?) song kicks in with Robert Carlyle running, and you see the zombies coming over the hill. Awesome.

That part felt like the only connection to 28 Days Later. And I loved it.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Sep 6, 2008,
Great movie.
I thought it was going to be Paris? I remember seeing the Eiffel tower.
You stole my Overture
I'm listening to the soundtrack on iTunes, and I'm freaked out just listening to it.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
loved 28 weeks later, thought it much better than 28 days, though i quite enjoyed that too. ive got big expectations for 28 months, hope it can live up to the others
nothing.
Quote by ferretface
I'm listening to the soundtrack on iTunes, and I'm freaked out just listening to it.

Same. Such a sick tune.
I hated the night vision scene... I forget the army officers name, I think it mighta been Doyle, he was my favorite character in the movie... It was the guy who pushed the car to get it started and then died from a flamethrower...
"The object of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his" -General George S. Patton
Quote by sleep sickness

Is that what it's called? That's the coolest soundtrack on any movie, ever.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by sleep sickness
i thought this was an entertaining film but had nothing on 28 days later. this one seemed more like an action-zombie film.

Dude hell no. 28 Weeks was even more artsy and philosophical than the first one. The scene where the snipers were shooting everybody was so horrible/poetic. I love this series, and I hope the third one doesn't wreck the spectacular track record of the first two.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
How could there NOT be another after the ending of 28 Weeks Later?

Not only are those awesome horror movies, they've got some sweet soundtracks. Did anyone else think that the music in the opening scene was really cool? It was in both of the movies, the opening scene of the second and the scene with the soldiers running around in the dark house at the end of the first.

I loved the music in both of the movies. I can't wait for 28 Months Later to come out.
Quote by LedZeppelin
Dude hell no. 28 Weeks was even more artsy and philosophical than the first one. The scene where the snipers were shooting everybody was so horrible/poetic. I love this series, and I hope the third one doesn't wreck the spectacular track record of the first two.

truth
nothing.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Is that what it's called? That's the coolest soundtrack on any movie, ever.

The original track is called In a Heartbeat on the 28 Days Later soundtrack, and on the 28 Weeks Later soundtrack it is called 28 theme. Then the one that proceeds it is "Don Abandons Alice".

I was listening to Don Abandons Alice and my cat nduged my door and made it creak and I freaked out. Who knew that music could make me think there was a rager at my door?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by LedZeppelin

It presented an interesting moral dilemma and all, but I found the way in which it was presented/the general tone of the whole movie a little too action-orientated and Americanised if that makes sense.

Each to their own though.
Oh man I just got the song, it's amazing. I was afraid that it was one of those songs they only make for movies and don't release.
A bit tenuous. But to whoever said they liked the night vision scene. I highly recommend you watch [rec]. It's an awesome spanish zombie movie filmed Blair Witch/Cloverfield/Handheld Shaky-Cam styley. I believe it's being remade in America which means it'll undoubtably be crap. (I think it's called Quarantine?)
I thought it was great. The opening scene and music were incredible.

Overall it was really good, but the helicopter scene and (especially) the nightvision scene almost ruined the movie for me.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by sleep sickness
It presented an interesting moral dilemma and all, but I found the way in which it was presented/the general tone of the whole movie a little too action-orientated and Americanised if that makes sense.

I totally agree. I love the first one sooooo much, but this movie is a good contrast because of the lack of action in the first one (not that it's a bad thing, it makes it WAY scarier). Not to mention the girl in this movie is smokin'
these are also good movies to watch with girls in the basement of your house at night

The soundtrack in these movies are the best I've ever heard, it's just so intense that it gives you chills without watching anything.
Last edited by strat335 at Sep 6, 2008,
Quote by sleep sickness

Exaclty. I think it was too action-oriented. In 28 Days Later, there was always tension because you didn't know what was going to happen, or even when something was going to happen. THAT'S scary, not constant violence.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
ok dudes, im not gonna lie, the opening scene made me cry. i was bawling right at the point when he sees his wife "die" through the window.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
WORST MOVIE I EVER SAW!!!!!!!!

seriously.
That kid looked like he was stoned on some serious shit throughout the whole movie. The girl, although she was hot, was an annoying bitch!
The dad was screwed up in the head.
But seriously what was wrong with the kid?! What was he taking through the movie?? Heroin? Meth? Coke?!!
I thought the opening scene was absolutely amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKR2Uv61DC8

But overall the film wasn't that good minus the first part.

28 Days Later on-the-other-hand was an absolute classic.

It just seemed incredibly far-fetched and they just tried to make it better by putting explosives everywhere. I'd recommend watching it if you have saw the first one though.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Sep 7, 2008,
28 weeks later was terrible. It didn't make sense. The script was crap. I hated it.
Quote by acersucks
I loved the music in both of the movies. I can't wait for 28 Months Later to come out.

+1

It's so powerful when Robert Carlyle's running from the house.
I also loved it in 28 Days Later when Jim gets out of hospital and goes to Nelson's Column (?) and sees all the notes for missing people - just how it gets louder and faster and heavier.
RULE BRITANNIA
I liked both movies, absolutely loved the soundtracks.
Muse supposedly did a song for the second sountrack.
But yeah I prefer 28 days later to 28 weeks, it had a better storyline and was darker and seemed more real than 28 weeks later if that makes sense.
--------
i liked 28 days much more but they are both with out a doubt my favorite horror movies
I'm so hip your grandpa broke me.
Yeah i watched 28 weeks later recnetly and thought it was great, liked the first one better though. But the soundtrack was great in both.
Page 1 of 3