I own a marshal mg100 hd fx I also use a boss gt10 I love it but my problem is im having trouble maintaining my sound loud mainly when I crank it up I cant get it to sound clean its always distorted or crunch and I want it as cleen as possible any advise?
Last edited by i_suck at Sep 7, 2008,
i wouldn't think you'd mind it being distorted, weren't you just looking for a death metal guitarist for your band?
Quote by marshmellow666
i wouldn't think you'd mind it being distorted, weren't you just looking for a death metal guitarist for your band?

i know its wierd but i want my distortion dirty and my cleans clean you know what i mean?
it's the MG, I had the same problem when I used solid state amps, the clean never sounds quite as pristine as it should, and the distortion loses all definition.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
it's the MG, I had the same problem when I used solid state amps, the clean never sounds quite as pristine as it should, and the distortion loses all definition.

can i use a tube head on the same cab?
Quote by i_suck
can i use a tube head on the same cab?

Yeah if the impedance is the same and your head's watts don't exceed the cab's watts.

However, it wouldn't do a good head any justice using those crappy stock marshall speakers in the MG cab.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Yeah if the impedance is the same and your head's watts don't exceed the cab's watts.

However, it wouldn't do a good head any justice using those crappy stock marshall speakers in the MG cab.

there celestion and they sound good to me my line 6 i use to have had them and i like there feel
Quote by i_suck
there celestion and they sound good to me my line 6 i use to have had them and i like there feel

They are Marshall speakers designed by Celestion... or maybe its the other way around. But anyway, just because something has a big companies name on it doesn't mean its gold - take your MG for example.

If you don't have the money to spend to get a new cab then yes it will work (if you're buying a new head to replace the MG - if you go combo then you have nothing to worry about). However it is a cheap cab (poorly constructed and poor quality speakers) and a good head with a cheap cab will result in you kicking yourself down the road for making that mistake.
nods* sighs* thanks alot what would be a good stack to get then?
Quote by i_suck
nods* sighs* thanks alot what would be a good stack to get then?

Well what is your current budget? (will you be selling the MG to add more $$$ to your budget?)
What type of music do you play?
black and death metal mainly ( some core shit) and a tab bit of jazz curently about 400 but i can save and ya mostlikely ill sell it
Quote by i_suck
black and death metal mainly ( some core shit) and a tab bit of jazz curently about 400 but i can save and ya mostlikely ill sell it

Unless your playing a lot of gigs in front of a lot of people you dont really need a halfstack...

However i have heard a cranked up Marshall JCM800 and i thought it was fantastic. I dont know about death metal and black metal but it was pretty heavy for a british voiced amp.
If you can find one used i think it would be pretty good with an overdrive/distortion pedal for what you want.

I suppose you can use your MG cab until you can afford a better cab.
for cheap high gain, check out bugera amps. they sound great, but since they are so cheap to buy, their build quality is compromised in some places.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
my gt 10 handles the efects * pets it* and ya were ganna be playing a lot and we like it loud i know alot of the band in the area so once we get a bassist we can start playing
You were just suggested a Bugera...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator