I would like to be able to listen to my mp3 in my car, but my '99 Camry has no auxiliary input. I was thinking about getting a whole new stereo installed into my car, but those are a bit expensive with the installation fees and stuff. I was wondering if any of you have experience with a cassette adapter. I don't want to buy one if it's just going to sound like shit in my car. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's one of these things - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3554_Coby+CA-747+CD-MP3+Cassette+Adapter.html

Thanks
Well, they definitely are not the highest quality, but it is bareable. The one problem I had with them is that they would always end up breaking up the signal, sometimes one of the tracks would just completely disappear. But that is just after a while. They are like 10 bucks or something. I used one for quite a while and didn't have too many complaints aside from what I just discussed.
i would get one one too (i also have no money though) but my tape deck is broken, anyway ive heard nothing but good things about them
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Mine's terrific. It's a Belkin and I think it sounds better than the radio. Mine was on the more expensive end though, bout 20 bucks.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
they are awesome the only problem i've ever had with one is it stops playing randomly.

it's like the cassette needs to be flipped but there is no tape in there, what i do when that happens is i just turn the little wheel cuz they get stuck and then it works fine again

but yeah they're awesome to have
Mine works perfectly, I have no complaints about how it works when i use it with my iPod. I find the quality is just a little bit lower than a cd player would be though.
according to bestbuy they are the lowest quality form of mp3 to car. Honestly they are less staticy than the fm transmitters. IMHO, if you are really into music, get a new deck, it will sound better than stock. just dont have bestbuy install. go to alocal car audio shop