its okayish. but very "already done" these days record labels. especially major ones are looking for some original talent. or atleast talented players. not saying that your band isnt though. the "Chase the Sunset" track sounds very Metallica'ish at the beginning. but when you combined the acousitic guitar over the top of it, it began its own sound. but ended before it reached it. i like how one guitar sets the lead riff and the other plays the harmonic. instead of the fifth or third. my advice to get you guys noticed is get some professional pics done of you guys. live and promos. get a better recording. a two to three song demo. very good quality since you have alot of riffing. you dont want the riffing to get lost in the rhythm section. i would recommend some sweeps some arpeggios hence death metal. the best death metal bands have very good sweeps in them. well the ones that seem to succeed anyway. that is my two cents. i give reviews of albums. and do my own promotions. talons of fate inc. i have over 40 bands under me right now. so its not like i dont know anything. but in the long run it is your decision where you take your band.
Quote by jeremydeath
its okayish. but very "already done" these days record labels. especially major ones are looking for some original talent. or atleast talented players. not saying that your band isnt though. the "Chase the Sunset" track sounds very Metallica'ish at the beginning. but when you combined the acousitic guitar over the top of it, it began its own sound. but ended before it reached it. i like how one guitar sets the lead riff and the other plays the harmonic. instead of the fifth or third. my advice to get you guys noticed is get some professional pics done of you guys. live and promos. get a better recording. a two to three song demo. very good quality since you have alot of riffing. you dont want the riffing to get lost in the rhythm section. i would recommend some sweeps some arpeggios hence death metal. the best death metal bands have very good sweeps in them. well the ones that seem to succeed anyway. that is my two cents. i give reviews of albums. and do my own promotions. talons of fate inc. i have over 40 bands under me right now. so its not like i dont know anything. but in the long run it is your decision where you take your band.

Thanks mate,
Your feedback is MUCH appreciated. You'll be happy to know that our new original we're working on is FULL of minor arpeggio 5 string sweeping.
We're working on our own sound and what not, I agree with you completely.
Thanks again mate!
digging chase the sunset dude. Very Black Label Society kinda feel to it, but with lots of other interesting elements. You planning to keep that as an instrumental or adding more elements to it later? I reckon that sounds like a pretty good opening for a full metal ballady kinda song (or a slow opening to a more brutal song, whichever way you decide to swing it).
Love the beginning to Chase The Sunset. Love the acoustic/ electric 2 time feel. and i love how u made the octave in the intro. Killer, just f*cking killer.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Thanks a lot everyone, your opinions are much appreciated!
For now Chase The Sunset is just an instrumental, but I'm considering expanding it by adding drums and possibly a vocal harmony section if talented enough haha.
What'd you guys think of A Sailor's Grave For Me? We recorded it on our 3rd practice haha.
Cheers