to be honest im not diggin it...like it sounds like your singing to mimic his tone, not pitch and the mutes with a solo behind it make it sound like everythings off tempo and theres really just too much going on guitarwise between trying to solo and have muted chords...but thats just me
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
It's a pretty simple song and without a bass theres not much else that can go on. I chose to mute the chords and improvise a solo. And as for the vocals...all I was doing was singing the song like it was meant to be as well as i could. I wasn't trying to imitate anything but the key and the tone the song was designed for, I appreciate the feedback but the goal of a cover isn't to sound exactly like the original. Musically I tried somethin a bit different. If you didn't like it that's one thing but that doesn't mean it's off tempo or the wrong way. I checked out your band and I liked a couple of the songs. Good luck.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
thanks for checking out my old band...we've gone electric since then and have recieved a way better response and our singer improved a lot. and i do like your shot to cover the song by making it your own but im just saying its a lot going on...my suggestion is to turn down the muted chords so it doesnt fight with the solo to be just as loud. you know what i mean? im trying to be constructive lol
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
It is out of tempo though. I think you had an interesting idea banging out the chords like that, but it makes it sound really jumpy and disjointed when the vocals get off the beat. I'd go through and re-record both the vocals and the guitar with a metronome, it should sound very nice when it's all lined up properly.
Thanks, I'm not trying to complain or anything I appreciate all crit. I might rerecord it and i'll listen to the song some more to see if i can get the tempo better. It's fast right? (Everyone says i strum everything too fast.)
-Gregg Allman

noone else has anything to say?
-Gregg Allman

I think your voice is almost perfect for the song. Though your singing is out of time with everything else... hmm and maybe if you do a little less soloing, if you know what I'm getting at.
i wasn't feeling the acoustic part to be honest but i have to say, you can get your voice to sound very similar to the Cash man which is hard cause he has a bit of a unique voice.
I got ya. It's a bad habit (the full song solos) that i have. I really think i'm going to rerecord this one guys. Thanks for the compliment on my voice. I've been told i sound like Johnny Cash which is cool because he's one of my favorite musicians.
-Gregg Allman