I understand you're wanting the forums to be more compressed/condensed

for all clarity's sake, who wouldn't?

But really, I was browsing through the threads and a lot of them had one problem that remained consistent: People's questions/answers/opinions aren't being seen in a lot of cases!

I'm right there with you paintitblack, the unnecessary threads constantly being posted because SOMEBODY was too lazy to go search for it themselves. I see you on that 100%

But because of the fact that a lot of new questions come about in the Pit very frequently, I formally disagree with your ruling. I feel like so many things will go unanswered that actually carry importance. I frequent the Pit a lot for answers on various subjects because the majority of responses are knowledgeable, thorough, and very easy to comprehend.

There are several cases where this is very unjust and I'm upset to see the Pit going so "black and white" now. I'm hoping this will spark a bit of debate, or at least a civil response from you, paintitblack

Thanks.
"Run for the hills, the south's gonna take you"

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
This sounds like one of those myspace bullitens that say
"IF YOU DONT REPOST THIS IN 2 SECONDS A HANDCAPPED ZOMBIE IS GOING TO STAB YOU WITH A ZUCCHINI"
Yeah, well what you gunna do?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
why fix it if it ain't broken?

the pit is an entity itself, totally ****ed up but keeps on truckin'.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Its the pit.
Unnecessary threads happen.
Questions get answered.
Life goes on in the internet forum.

I'm perfectly fine with the way it is now.

and it's paintITblack39
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
I personally think we should do away with most, if not all, of the "THE ONLY" threads. This is all just my opinion but... I'm tired of seeing them and I'm willing to bet a lot of questions/comments in general are just completely skipped over and not seen due to the sheer size of the threads. Or maybe a better idea would be to like.. delete them and make a new, fresher version of said threads. I dunno, is that what you're talking about, TS?

Also, I don't know about anybody else... but I am SICK and tired of people saying "relationship thread" or "searchbar... " or something along those lines. I'm sick of it. Just answer the person's question or whatever and let the thread rot away and die. It'll be off the front page in a matter of minutes, I'm sure. Quit being so pompous...

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
Quote by Ahh Shaith

Also, I don't know about anybody else... but I am SICK and tired of people saying "relationship thread" or "searchbar... " or something along those lines. I'm sick of it. Just answer the person's question or whatever and let the thread rot away and die. It'll be off the front page in a matter of minutes, I'm sure. Quit being so pompous...

But if you bend the rules for one, you must bend the rules for others.
Quote by soulflyV
But if you bend the rules for one, you must bend the rules for others.

I don't even think it's that big of a deal. Do people even answer crap in the relationship thread? I'll admit, I'm ignorant to the subject so I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about, it's just something that's always annoyed the hell out of me. If the "ONLY" threads actually work, great, but I'm actually willing to say that I'd much rather see the same threads posted over and over again than see some UG police jerk say "relationship thread" or try to be witty by saying some kind of bullshit like "I dunno, I'd ask the searchbar lolol i'm funny" or something. I dunno, I'm just rambling.

getting rid of the "ONLY" threads will cause an influx of threads on the same topic whereas with them they are all in one place, easy to find, easy to manage. thats like getting rid of houses and going back to caves, just ****ing stupid.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by Ahh Shaith
I don't even think it's that big of a deal. Do people even answer crap in the relationship thread? I'll admit, I'm ignorant to the subject so I'm not going to act like I know what I'm talking about, it's just something that's always annoyed the hell out of me. If the "ONLY" threads actually work, great, but I'm actually willing to say that I'd much rather see the same threads posted over and over again than see some UG police jerk say "relationship thread" or try to be witty by saying some kind of bullshit like "I dunno, I'd ask the searchbar lolol i'm funny" or something. I dunno, I'm just rambling.

If you actually look at the Relationship Thread, everyone gets their question answered, not even by one, but usually by at least three or more people.

So yeah, it does work.
(on topic of 'only' threads) and if your question gets overlooked, you're supposed to quote yourself and just write "overlooked" or something along the lines
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by soulflyV
Playing the race card, are we?

aw horse feathers. sniffed me out from the start.

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
"IF YOU DONT REPOST THIS IN 2 SECONDS A HANDCAPPED ZOMBIE IS GOING TO STAB YOU WITH A ZUCCHINI"
Quote by soulflyV
If you actually look at the Relationship Thread, everyone gets their question answered, not even by one, but usually by at least three or more people.

So yeah, it does work.

Then all is well. :]

Quote by soulflyV

Yes. Yes it is.

Dare I /thread?

Yes. Yes I do.

/thread

but you see friend, it isn't the case with ALL of the threads. just let the threads go and flame the idiots.

wait..that means flaming me.

i'll be damned if this isn't a catch-22

Quote by Jersey_Zombie
That sticky came out of something that was meaning to be done ages ago. This same debate was gone over between the other mods, and somehow it came to this conclusion. I'm in support of it.

Pretty much of all the threads you describe could have/can be answered with a simple google search.

The Pit is a general forum, not a help and support forum.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I think it's good to have threads for single big topics like relationships and drugs but for little topics I think it's better when people make a new thread.
It's not that they're being missed, but rather people like the idea of their own thread more than anything. They just read it and skip over it, looking for a point of conversation.
Quote by JustOneJacob
I frequent the Pit a lot for answers on various subjects because the majority of responses are knowledgeable, thorough, and very easy to comprehend.

There's your problem right there.

Also. paintitblack is no longer a mod and thus owes the site nothing. Have fun waiting for your answer.
This is not a pipe
By the way, this belongs in site feedback if at all, but I here by warn you that I will mock you there too.
This is not a pipe