How can I play my guitar to create the mood of sickness? I'm trying to achieve something similar to "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden. Any tips for creating this kind of mood? Everything I try sounds too relaxed and sad. I want more of a "sickly" mood than sad.
It's not the notes, it's the tone. Get some effects going for a sickly sound, maybe a delay with some heavy reverb? Chorus would probably get you going as well if it's really wide and soupy.
Quote by Nightfyre
It's not the notes, it's the tone. Get some effects going for a sickly sound, maybe a delay with some heavy reverb? Chorus would probably get you going as well if it's really wide and soupy.

I have the tone and effects down, I have a Vox ToneLab LE... I try to play something sick/ill-sounding but it comes out depressing/sad
Try playing it to a backing track aswell. If you're just doing it by yourself, it will sound pretty much wrong. I worked out a solo (I'm too manly for tabs) the other day and it sounds wrong when not played to the song/backing track.
Cam Sampbell's my hero