Well, you see I am looking for a nice strat. I have played an american strat and loved it but unfortunately I can't just drop $1000 like its nothing so I am looking to a cheaper alternative. (Was originally gonna get a Highway One but eh I don't like it as much as when I first tried it)

I'm looking at a Fender Classic Players Strat

Its a MIM strat but it has three differances:
1. Comes stock with vintage american noiseless pick-ups
2. Has a differant (thicker) neck (which is a plus for me)
3. Has 7 differant pick-up configurations (but I probobly wont use the 2 extra ones anyway)

So what do you guys think of this guitar?
I don't wanna sell my Epi Les Paul, but then again I really don't like it that much. Only play it when Im in that "mood". But do you think its really worth it to sell it so I have the money for an american strat? In other words, is an american strat really all that much better.

Sorry for being so chatty.
Thanks
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
well you can always watch http://www.musiciansfriend.com for scratch and dent strats , it will usually be a very minor scratch or ding but youll save anywhere from 300-400$ on it probally and youll more than likely end up dinging it yourself , scratch and dent can also mean that the box that it was shipped in arrived pretty damaged but the guitar was fine so keep that in mind
I've got a Classic Player 50s, and it's a really good guitar. They have mostly American parts, even a SSS routed body instead of a HSH routed one. I don't know where it says theres 7 pickup configs though...

Well, you should get one if you really want it. They're really good guitars. They match the American Vintages sound, quite a bit.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Find those second hand MIJs, they sell less than a MIM or MIA but play very well.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
MIJ unless Squier sell for far more than MIM and even lower end MIA (and deservedly so, those early/mid 80s MIJ strats are far better) .. and a MIJ Squier will be a lot better than MIM outside of the highend MIM and maybe even then since there's a few different MIJ grades in quality. If you want to go cheap, try the new Squier Classic Vibe series, they're getting raves from the Fender/Telecaster forums and others. I played one of the new Squier CV Duo Sonics and was so impressed I ordered one. But then I always wanted a shortscale for travel n stuff.
Last edited by Myrdinn at Sep 7, 2008,