Hi,
I recently tried to change the strings on my Epi Futura FX (Original FR) but the String Lock Screw (on the bridge) won't move/turn. Whats wrong?
Quote by mafropetee

I brought my electric to school w/ no amp and started playing it, and some guy was like "I can barely hear it, and it doesn't sound all cool. I think it's a fake guitar"

g e a r//
Epi Futura Prophecy FX
Epi G-400
Boss DS-1
Vox AD15VT
I've been using that thread, but can't the follow the instructions cause the actual screw won't turn, which won't let me remove the string.
Quote by mafropetee

I brought my electric to school w/ no amp and started playing it, and some guy was like "I can barely hear it, and it doesn't sound all cool. I think it's a fake guitar"

g e a r//
Epi Futura Prophecy FX
Epi G-400
Boss DS-1
Vox AD15VT
Well do you mean the nut for the saddle? Just get an allen wrench and twist it counter clockwise till it pops and releases. And make sure you dump the trem while doing so.
It may be due to mishanding that rounded ur screw, which means your allen key cant grip on the screw when you turn it due to it being worn out. If that happens, your seriously screwed, but i doubt OFRs have lousy quality screws.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
On that guitar the screws for the floyd are terrible and strip really bad. I noticed mine were stripping so I replaced them with some screws from Stewart-Macdonald I believe. The screws are much higher quality.

If I were you I would order some new nut clamp screws, and get the existing one off with a very strong vice grips unless someone has a better way.

Edit: Oops I see that it is the bridge screw. I have not had a problem with that yet but it is very likely that could strip too.