ive seen some videos where people seem to be using their cellphones on their guitars and it makes a really cool sound, how do they do it?
you sure they're not using an e bow?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I think he means the noise caused when you either get a call or send/receive a text. I can't really describe the noise, but it's a unique noise. Just stick your cellphone near the pick up and either call or text it and you'll get that noise.
it could also be an ebow. those things are too expensive. I bought one and its kind of gimmicky
Peace , Love , Death Metal

Quote by Super_Duper_Guy
It probably started at $55 but then he thought "You know what? F&*$ them. 1 dollar extra. pwned noobs."
That bastard...
ive never heard of that but someguitars will pick up music playing, which i thought was cool
Well, as far as I know there are two possible ways to use a cellphone in combination with a guitar:

- as with a lot of speakers, a cellphone placed near an amplifier can produce a weird sort of beeping sound when it has an incoming call or text message

-holding your cell phone (or certain other sound emitting devices) near your pickups while their playing a ring tone or any other kind of sound. The pickups can pick it up and send it to the amp.

For a good demonstration of the latter, check out Mattias Eklundh:

At about 12:25 he starts playing with a phone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq0xvSJojw

(Somewhere near the beginning you can also hear the static sound I was talking about)
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Sep 7, 2008,
Isn't it that static sound that you get when you put it near speakers as well?

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
When you get a message near a guitar pickup, you hear a dut-do-dut-do-dut kind of sound through your amp... when you get a call, it starts off like that, then a long duuuuuuuuuuuuut... is that the kind of sound you mean?
when i put my phone near my pickups you can hear the ringtone through the amp
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
I found out that if you use a TV remote near your pickups, you'll hear beeping. I held a button down, and the thing was beeping really quickly. It was kinda cool.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD
I found out that if you use a TV remote near your pickups, you'll hear beeping. I held a button down, and the thing was beeping really quickly. It was kinda cool.

lol i have done the same thing