I am using an ESP M-1000 and its been working fine for almost a year. Recently i plugged it into my amp, turned it on and it would play nothing but a clean sound. I switched cables which did nothing. I thought it was a problem with the amp but then i tried a friends guitar and it worked fine. Anyone know whats wrong?
Did you plug it into the wrong jack? You probably just plugged into the auxillary slot on the amp. If you plug it into that, it just makes a clean sound you can't adjust. Thats all I can think of for that problem.
Quote by electricinferno
nope. both knobs are on full.

Has it got EMGs? The batteries might be running out.

Maybe.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by electricinferno
am i better off taking it to a shop or is it simple enough to do myself?

There should be a little opening for access to the battery/ies or whatever. Then you just change them like any other 9v battery.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by telemetal
Volume knob too low, perhaps?

lol, oh yeah thanks, that fixed it. I was sure that it turned the other way, and is that the reason it didn't turn all the way around to 10.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Quote by toeinator
lol, oh yeah thanks, that fixed it. I was sure that it turned the other way, and is that the reason it didn't turn all the way around to 10.

thats the first time ive heard someone ask that who claims they have 2 sponcors, 5 awards, and 1 recording contract. oh yeah and one hell of a fan base and 300+ gigs