View poll results: Is it Racist?
Yes.
83 12%
No.
613 88%
Voters: 696.
Page 1 of 4
No racism intended.

Would it be deemed racist to say that you find a girl physically unattractive solely because of their skin colour?

I've always wondered.

EDIT: I'm not saying this from a personal point of view, just hypothetically.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Sep 7, 2008,
that's not racism, that's more taste.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
It's unavoidable for some people to think that, but for god's sake, keep it to yourself.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
uhh i know what you mean, i can recognise people of other skin tones as pretty but im not attraced to them if you get me.

lol kinda dug myself in a hole here. im fine with nearly all skin tones for females tho
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
No, just because you don't find black people physically attrative doesn't mean you think of them as less of a person, unless you do, in which case that would be racist.
I've always found it to be more than a bit bigoted, but not racist per se.

I just find that when people exclude certain things based on appearances, they miss out on so many good things.
I don't think it would be racist to do that... if you don't find it attractive then it's not your fault... kinda
Quote by rabidguitarist
It's unavoidable for some people to think that, but for god's sake, keep it to yourself.

+1, I would be kind of upset knowing people don't find me attractive because of my skin colour.
No because physical attractiveness is all from looks, and different races look a little different.

Yes because your opinion is SOLELY derived from skin colour.

That didn't help at all really, did it?
I don't find it racist since you can't quite control what you find to be attractive.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Technically it's racist, but it's probably pretty common. I don't think it's anything to feel guilty about or anything. We all have our different ideas about what makes someone beautiful. It could be eye color, hair color, and yes, skin color as well.
Quote by chunkychewie
Technically it's racist, but it's probably pretty common. I don't think it's anything to feel guilty about or anything. We all have our different ideas about what makes someone beautiful. It could be eye color, hair color, and yes, skin color as well.

Well said.
No. It's a preference of physical appearance. That's like saying I'm prejudiced because I like big breasts.
Quote by evening_crow
I don't find it racist since you can't quite control what you find to be attractive.

But racism isn't a choice you make yourself. It's something that's built into your brain from the way you've been brought up, what your friends and parents have told you, what you've seen in the media, etc.

Noone conciously thinks 'this person is a different colour to me, I'm going to persecute them for it'.

The point is, if you don't find someone attractive because they are black, or asian, or indian, or whatever, then you have made the unconcious decision to separate them from others, simply because of their skin colour.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
it's not racist cause its not baed on what race, if you don't like dark skin its not because of a race, they could be african, indian, american indian. it's just a colour, not a race i guess is my point, cause skin colours aren't specifically exclusive to any one race. if you didn't find a chick attractive because they looked african or asian then thats a bit more racially biast
What you like about someone and what you think about someone are very different

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by blynd_snyper
It doesn't matter if it's racist or not, everybody has preferences. Claiming it's racist is like claiming homosexuals and heterosexuals are sexist because they only want to bang one gender.

Hehe, very good point!
Quote by blynd_snyper
Claiming it's racist is like claiming homosexuals and heterosexuals are sexist because they only want to bang one gender.

hero of the thread.
Quote by rabidguitarist
But racism isn't a choice you make yourself. It's something that's built into your brain from the way you've been brought up, what your friends and parents have told you, what you've seen in the media, etc.

Noone conciously thinks 'this person is a different colour to me, I'm going to persecute them for it'.

The point is, if you don't find someone attractive because they are black, or asian, or indian, or whatever, then you have made the unconcious decision to separate them from others, simply because of their skin colour.

Exactly.

Racism is defined by outside influences. You can disagree with what you see.

Sexual attraction is determined unconsciously, and therefore cannot be stopped or changed.
Half of it with me is the clothing style of the different race, but I know what you're talking about and I agree with the most part.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Jackolas
Girls girls girlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Gets on motorbike*

Thank you for your meaningful contribution.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852

Its the pit

What can you do?

Also, its not racist in the least

Its an unconcious decision

I'm attracted to different races, but theres nothing wrong with NOT being attracted to them

Thats like saying you have to be attracted to everyone

It's illogical and quite dumb

I'm certaintly not attracted to everything with a vag

I don't think anyone is

Skin color is something that isn't race thing, I've seen white girls skin as dark as an indians, soooooooo yeah

your fine
Quote by evening_crow

Same.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by titsmcgee852

Your sarcasm is not appropriate. His motorbike reference was intended to be a metaphor for rolling through bitches of all types. Good looking out Einstein.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by titsmcgee852

Not a Motley Cru fan then...
Not really, but there was sarcasm in the post.

But i am familliar with the term and did lol at the reply above you.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Well I don't see it as racism, because it's not done with an intent to harm someone. It's also obvious that certain ethnicities display certain physical aspects to them that people find unattractive, and by the same merit some people specifically find them attractive.

It can be argued that this is covert racism which is a whole discussion in its self so look it up if you're really interested.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
It depends. You might just not be attracted to their colour by nature. But some people are pointlessly picky/racist when it comes to "choosing" a partner.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Your sarcasm is not appropriate. His motorbike reference was intended to be a metaphor for rolling through bitches of all types. Good looking out Einstein.

Yeah that too.
I likes the black girls.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I think its the intentions that make someone racist or not. Yours seem to be innocent enough, so I wouldn't ever call it racist.

It's a matter of personal choice.

Besides, everyone likes white bitches.
Gonna say that it isn't racist here. You see hot girls from all the colours of the rainbow, and ugly in turn.
... I'm gonna be the first guy to admit that I like chicks with darker skin better than chicks with light skin, generally from a different ethnic background to me.
A U S S I E
Would it be more socially acceptable if you were the coloured one that didn't find white women physically attractive?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Nope. I personally find black women a bit of a turn off.

Originally Posted by Jackolas
Girls girls girlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*Gets on motorbike*

multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Page 1 of 4