i was wondering how i would go about writing nice slap fills for higher ground (RHCP version)

i want something that would look good, be a bit complicating and mayb just some excercises for writing fills in general

thanks
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
There are already some pretty complicated fills in the chorus.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
no i meant for the verse riff

because the verse can get broring
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
no help?

anyone?
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Well, the verse to Higher Ground is supposed to be kind of straightforward. You'll look like you're trying too hard if you try to put it some complicated stuff there, in my opinion.

As for as ad libbing and filling with slap, it's not all too different from any other style. Just know what scale you're in, and play accordingly. The main difference in slap that I can think of is that you have to choose what range you pop or slap in carefully so it doesn't sound out of place.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
lol ok well i wont tamper it with it then
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by watchingmefall
That riff makes the song. Don't do anything.

It's like... Adding fills to 7 Nation Army. It's a no.

Expertly put. It's late, my communication skills aren't up to par.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.