Hello from Trepidation.. Here is a bit of background information about my band, "Trepidation".

Trepidation is a 2 piece(*) metalcore/thrash/deathcore (with various other genres) band hailing from Brisbane AU that rose from the ashes of Lithium. There are currently 40-50 songs already written and only 3 or so have any lyrics written so far.

Only recently have we started recording, the quality isn't perfect, but we're working on that. We predict to have our first EP finished by late 2008/early 2009, and to have sold our millionth album by early 2010 (hahah only kidding).

A demo of our 66th song (this song lacks quality, for higher quality songs visit our myspace below, you dont need an account to view it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-O6k4y3mLI

or

http://www.myspace.com/trepidationprofile

^ Currently have 5 songs on myspace

please remember it is only a demo, no drums in this particular one (we have finished recording drums, but we are not uploading it until vocals are complete)

Have a listen, post a comment and rate, or simply post a reply here on your thoughts/suggestions! Don't be afraid to say what you want to say, but do it constructively.

This is just one of our many Demos/Songs to come!
Last edited by Trepidationn at Sep 29, 2008,
The recording sounds metalcore-ish to me. Not that that's a bad thing, just saying. The one guitar that comes in (or maybe it's a bass with really bad tone) maybe a minute or so in is off-sync with the other guitar for most of it, and it's too prominent in the recording.

Oh, and, er...way too many bumps in 4 days. Give it a while before bumping it (Like...a week or more).
thanks for the feedback. a bump a day keeps it on the first page, i dont know about you but i dont ever go past the first page on a forum ahhaha
Uh, I kinda liked it, but it sounded like "The Little Phaser That Could". I was waiting for like a whammy bar dip or something. Not that bad, just a little slopppy, but I've got no room to speak.
Quote by JeanMi36
The little toe is one fragile motherfuc*er.
its simple cos theres no drums or vocals

saying the riffs are bad is an insult, **** you you piece of shit, go die
how are u a 2 piece band??

how does that work? im interested...
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by Trepidationn
its simple cos theres no drums or vocals

saying the riffs are bad is an insult, **** you you piece of shit, go die

Horrible comeback =P

But, yeah, you asked for feedback, feedback is a response (good or back) to, in this case, your music. It's to let you know where your music can improve, and where it doesn't need improving. Seriously, everyone gets good and bad feedback, don't be so responsive to it, and don't let it get to you like that.
Quote by HWFG1
Horrible comeback =P

But, yeah, you asked for feedback, feedback is a response (good or back) to, in this case, your music. It's to let you know where your music can improve, and where it doesn't need improving. Seriously, everyone gets good and bad feedback, don't be so responsive to it, and don't let it get to you like that.

i was kidding, i agree it was terrible sarcasm
didnt mind the riff, but the tone kinda got to me
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Production on the '66 demo' is very very odd. im not really liking that guitar tone. The riffs themselves are ok, not particularly orignal, but theres nothing wrong with generic riffing. I have to admit that without drums it feels a bit directionless/messy.

I would suggest that putting a song up minus drums is kind of pointless. Personally id have waited till the drums and vocals were done before seeking feedback on the tune.

I look forward to hearng a more complete version of the song.

Quote by HWFG1

Oh, and, er...way too many bumps in 4 days. Give it a while before bumping it (Like...a week or more).

I was under the impression that bumping your own threds wasnt allowed?
Quote by metalismetal
Production on the '66 demo' is very very odd. im not really liking that guitar tone. The riffs themselves are ok, not particularly orignal, but theres nothing wrong with generic riffing. I have to admit that without drums it feels a bit directionless/messy.

I would suggest that putting a song up minus drums is kind of pointless. Personally id have waited till the drums and vocals were done before seeking feedback on the tune.

I look forward to hearng a more complete version of the song.

66 is a bare starting line for trepidation, it was the first ever song we recorded and we were still working out how to do it correctly, we have now found a base setting/tone for our guitars and have recorded drums for a few other songs (45, 66 and 82) which will be released as soon as vocals are added.

even as instrumentals 45 (a.k.a Fatal Cries), 66 (a.k.a Revelation) and 82 (unnamed), i very much enjoy listening to them (not without drums of course, to be honest all of our songs without drums sound shit!) whether it be bias or the fact i just like listening
bumpsickles. new songs added, although they dont work for me so i my have to re upload them. somebody tell me if they wrk
Quote by metalismetal

That could be. I might've been wrong. Either way, too many bumps =P
your myspace layout makes my eyes bleed, Redemption sounds a bit out of tune (the opening riff), timings a bit out of whack, and the riffs a bit boring. However, with some vocals, I think it would make for some good slamdancing moshing good time. Good job.
PS, change you myspace logo.
theres no bumping on this thread what ar you on about

more like crapidawesome
The Dave Mustaine That Only Plays Guitar of Trepidation
Please quit acting like children.

Unless you are here to provide helpful suggestions or pointers, you need to keep away. This forum is not for you to heckle and insult other bands.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.